Discuss Heatslave greenstar II 18/25 duel oil feed in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

If you are installing it as a one pipe then ensure that bypass is removed as it will have been left installed if it was piped up originally as a two pipe.

"Designed to allow working with one pipe or two pipe oil feed systems.
Dispatched units are normally factory set for single pipe systems at 8 Bar oil pressure, in order to obtain two pipes systems it is necessary to unscrew the return plug and insert the bypass screw supplied and then screw in the return hoses."
Thank you
That's the little grub screw inside the hole where I will disconnect the return pipe isn't it?

And hopefully last question, will the blanking plug listed above fit that pump?

Thanks again I owe you a beer!!

That's correct, if the grub screw is still there. The blanking plug shown in post#2 is for a Danfoss, yours is a Riello RBL??, if so, should look like the one below, can't find a manual for it on line, there should be two arrows on the pump body, one pointing upwards which is the fuel inlet, the other, pointing downwards, is the return or where the blanking plug should go, what is in those two ports now?, are they both open.

eefa4aaf8788b5b4b03eceb94493649c.jpg

That's correct, if the grub screw is still there. The blanking plug shown in post#2 is for a Danfoss, yours is a Riello RBL??, if so, should look like the one below, can't find a manual for it on line, there should be two arrows on the pump body, one pointing upwards which is the fuel inlet, the other, pointing downwards, is the return or where the blanking plug should go, what is in those two ports now?, are they both open.
You are correct there is an arrow with the in and out. Both of the holes have flexy oil lines connected to them at the moment. The pump is the same as the one you posted. I'll hunt online for a blanker

Thanks

The arrow pointing away from the pump you need to blank

Polite reply here, but firstly stating the obvious maybe, - second hand boilers are a big risk and will require overhauled. I hope you paid little or nothing for it.
Secondly, - since you have no idea about connecting the oil pump, you obviously won’t have the know how to install and commission the boiler.
Wise to use an oil engineer to do install and set boiler using an analyser and you just do the labouring work and anything else you are able to.
That is if you can find a willing oil engineer.
The oil pump is likely to be near end of life anyhow if original 8 year old and wouldn’t surprise me if it also has water and crud inside it.

Reply to Heatslave greenstar II 18/25 duel oil feed in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heatslave II 25/32 water leak from PHE Inlet block. When DHW PRV fitting was removed a white flat seal/washer was found in 3 pieces. This seal is...
Replies
Views
Hi I have an oil worcester bosch greenstar heatslave ii combi boiler. It's about 5 years old. The problem I have is when the thermostat calls for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, (not sure if my last post worked so apologies if this is a duplicate). I have an Ideal Boiler (vogue max system 18) and a MegaFlo...
Replies
Views
Hi, first im gas safe registered so know a bit about wiring but my own boiler is giving me a head ache. Worcester greenstar heatslave 18 25 oil i...
Replies
Views
Back