Search the forum,

Discuss Hate worcesters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Guys I have a green star Junior 24i HE

Open tap boiler fires for 10 to 15 seconds then cuts out, tries to relight several times but will not.

Really have very little experience with Worcesters I was leaning towards flame detection probe but I don't know if I'm completely barking up the wrong tree with this one just wanted to go armed with a little information

Heating is absolutely fine

Ugh and now I've realised it can't be if the heating works

Hay Riley me and my mate are booked on the Worcester training course on the 13th September if you want to tag along and share a ride mate? Its ÂŁ25 if you fancy it mate ;)

Not sure my customer will wait that long though mate

I know that doesn't help but could help in the long run ;) I want to start going down the line of being affiliated to one manufacturer

Mate I'm doing quite a bit up in the Surrey neck of the woods at the mo so I may be up here anyway. I'd definitely be keen though yes. I mostly fit Vaillants but am coming across more and more busted worcesters so I need to understand how to fix wm

Nice I done a bariatrics place in Godstone down that way, let us know, piece of **** to book up telephone number is: 0330 123 0166 and as for your problem give technical a call when you're in front of it they might talk you through fault finding the problem mate:

Tel:0330 123 3366

Monday to Friday 7.00am - 8.00pm
Saturday 8.00am - 5.00pm (Technical Support 8:30am - 4:00pm)
Sunday 9.00am - 12.00pm (Technical Support Closed)

Flow sensor ? But phone Worcester tech up there great

Thanks buddy I will give them a call re the training. Regarding the problem I am so strapped for time tomorrow I might have to pass it off to someone else

Thanks buddy I will give them a call re the training. Regarding the problem I am so strapped for time tomorrow I might have to pass it off to someone else

It get Worcesters fixed price repair

Riley SC's pretty clued up on the old Worcesters and talked me through my 1st Worcester install :D Now i'm Worcester mad and going to get a chest tattoo of the Worcester logo lol

Riley SC's pretty clued up on the old Worcesters and talked me through my 1st Worcester install :D Now i'm Worcester mad and going to get a chest tattoo of the Worcester logo lol

Don't forget the Welsh flag like you promised :D

Cheers Shaun is that a common fault with these ?

Cheers Shaun is that a common fault with these ?

Depends what is it doing fires ok with heating and runs good ?

I did think flow switch but couldn't understand why it would initial fire up

Customer sent me a vid of what it's doing but I can't really see much unisual

I did think flow switch but couldn't understand why it would initial fire up

Could be sensing flow and then no flow etc

Won't let me. Trying to do it all on phone but it's having none of it

Sure its trying to re-light and its not the pump pulsing? It does that when it overheats from a blockage in the plate.

Well from the video of it she sent me it never actually locks out so that could well be reasonable

Riley, (knowing that you have said that the heat side is ok) I am still going to go with...low gas pressure as the sequence you describe is about right, burner fails and tries again (5 times?) saying that flame rectification is almost the same or just ignore this as I am only trying to bump my posts up!

The pump pulses like every 10 seconds or something. Ignition failure would lock out after 3-5 attempts and would need resetting. Tell her to leave the heating off until the flow and return go cold. Then run the hot water and see if its dumping down the flow. If it is then its nearly always the plate. Diverter motor would also be worth a check though.

No lock out? I think you have a blocked plate. I had this last week. I replaced the plate and it runs on hot water like a dream

No lock out? I think you have a blocked plate. I had this last week. I replaced the plate and it runs on hot water like a dream

Winner winner chicken dinner went on Friday. Blocked plate. Changed and all fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hate worcesters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock