Discuss Good or bad idea - would you like it and be Interested in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

No one is debating its viega it’s not marked for gas
I am! it doesn’t look like a viega gas tee. This is a viega gas tee. It has yellow dots and says viega on it.

3204B178-8D16-46DE-B3FC-59CCBF8CAAFE.jpeg

And this is the reason you should use soldered. Cant argue if its suitable for gas then.
To be really precise even if you used water fittings it would be physically better than a solder fitting. First of all the temperature difference is unique.. the solder will start melting about 185c but the o ring can withstand higher temperature as they are high efficiency o rings same as for gas 630c for 30min your solder is in seconds gone and will cause problems. Furthermore the fittings can withstand higher pressure than soldered joints. 15 -100bar ... let me check 10 properties in UK with 50 bat and I will show you how good your soldering is you cannot beat technology

To be really precise even if you used water fittings it would be physically better than a solder fitting. First of all the temperature difference is unique.. the solder will start melting about 185c but the o ring can withstand higher temperature as they are high efficiency o rings same as for gas 630c for 30min your solder is in seconds gone and will cause problems. Furthermore the fittings can withstand higher pressure than soldered joints. 15 -100bar . let me check 10 properties in UK with 50 bat and I will show you how good your soldering is you cannot beat technology
All irrelevant information again Ron. And why polish something that is already shiny?

I am! it doesn’t look like a viega gas tee. This is a viega gas tee. It has yellow dots and says viega on it.

View attachment 38779
I'm debating too and you are wrong. You never dealt with viega fittings but telling me my fittings look like mapress. Common harvest you know you are wrong and that's the bitter truth.
3 different types of fittings

Left to right

Express, mapress and viega
As you can see the green dots disappear over time

Furthermore look how poor Express stamps are hardly visible and once you start polishing it will disappear easily

1558603367647639006725626850497.jpg

15586035040552252071638057795962.jpg

I'm debating too and you are wrong. You never dealt with viega fittings but telling me my fittings look like mapress. Common harvest you know you are wrong and that's the bitter truth.
3 different types of fittings

Left to right

Express, mapress and viega
As you can see the green dots disappear over time

Furthermore look how poor Express stamps are hardly visible and once you start polishing it will disappear easily

View attachment 38780

View attachment 38781
Everything you say about me is true mate. But the difference between me and you is that I would rather listen to people’s advice and learn from my mistakes. But not you, you deviate and try to confuse people with facts that actually have no relevance to the conversation, and yet again you keep posting a picture of a copper tee and not the brass one that you have used in the gas line as a test point which is the one we are all on about. Ignore it all you want mate. I have decided to email viega to get pictures of all of their brass tee’s and have also decided to email them a picture of the one that you have used. If I am wrong I will happily let you know and apologise.

Everything you say about me is true mate. But the difference between me and you is that I would rather listen to people’s advice and learn from my mistakes. But not you, you deviate and try to confuse people with facts that actually have no relevance to the conversation, and yet again you keep posting a picture of a copper tee and not the brass one that you have used in the gas line as a test point which is the one we are all on about. Ignore it all you want mate. I have decided to email viega to get pictures of all of their brass tee’s and have also decided to email them a picture of the one that you have used. If I am wrong I will happily let you know and apologise.
You can do whatever you want. I dont need your apology I really could care less. And I will proof you wrong again. Hang on, as I run out of brass stuff I will get in the next couple of days the next delivery. I will proof you wrong in the next minutes as I will show you the right T which I used.

Reply to Good or bad idea - would you like it and be Interested in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Poll
Have you ever / would you ever; Work for a Plumbing Supplier / Electrical Wholesaler - POLLTIME! PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH FRIENDS VIA FACEBOOK...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock