Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss GONNA hAVE FUN FITTING THIS BADBOY in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ashtonjay

Honestly never fitted onw of these "Geberit Sigma Toliet with hidden cistern"

ripped a few out !!

any tips? they look a bit fiddly :wink_smile::wink_smile:

cheers in advance

[h=1][/h]

Is it a floating one? With the frame?

no there isnt a frame included just a long cistern thats gonna go behind a stud wall
there are some brackets to attach to wall but they look a bit flimsy

customer paid a lot for the bloody thing too !!

no there isnt a frame included just a long cistern thats gonna go behind a stud wall
there are some brackets to attach to wall but they look a bit flimsy

customer paid a lot for the bloody thing too !!
good luck ! Lol

Just make sure you don't cut the flush pipe too short as they are slightly tapered.

Heres a tip, If it is a floating pan, don't fix it to the wall with 2" x 10s and red plugs.

no its not suspended the pan sits on the floor fellas
i definatly wont be using 2" x 10s and red plugs either :wink_smile:

In that case it'll be a doddle. Just make sure the builder makes it accessible after tiling etc, an when setting out flush pipe make allowances for finish floor levels etc.

Remember he sol and flush pipe don't need to be tiled tightly around leave some nice space around them for adjustments.

Remember he sol and flush pipe don't need to be tiled tightly around leave some nice space around them for adjustments.

cheers buddy ill stick it in when ive boarded and tiled floor on Thursday

It's one of them that you're supposed to be able to service it through the front flushing panel. As long as your hands are as small as a 2yr old.

My mistake, Simons right here.
just measure and offer things up a million times, fit it all dry first if your unsure.

will do

its seems like a bloody big flush plate to have to put such a big hole in the tiles?

i have changed a few syphons on these its like playing jenga through a bloody letterbox

Easy to fit. The brackets on the sides have a wedge which snaps in so that it can be set at right depth. Problem is the teeth wear off and the cistern slides back. Put a PK screw in each side of bracket to stop it moving. Also check the thickness of wall, if its 75mm stud in front of cistern the rectangle tube may be too short to fit face plate on.

easy to fit and are very reliable i always use big washers on the brackets and use a flex tap conn on the cold feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GONNA hAVE FUN FITTING THIS BADBOY in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Whilst messing about trying to find the location of my underground pipw leak, still ongoing, I decided to have a look at my drainage chamber. A...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Just moved house. Need to change the seat on this toilet, but after buying 3 (that did not fit), and spending around 6 hours trawling the web, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock