Discuss Faulty Pressure Reducing Valve? - Are these numbers an urgent problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gmb27

Hi guys,

First post from a very desperate and panicking non-plumber! I noticed a dribble leak from the black plastic cartridge on the PRV under my kitchen sink. I tried to tighten it but must have twisted the wrong way and it shot off and water poured out. After turning off the mains I put the insert and spring back into the black cartridge and screwed it back in place. The leak has now stopped and the water seems to be running fine, but I'm worried it's messed up now. The guage is now showing static water pressure at 7 bar and 4 bar when the tap is running. No idea what it was before. Does this sound correct or have I well and truly messed it up?

If I have, is it urgent or could it wait until monday for a plumber? Thanks in advance for any advice at all!

Garry

hi Gary, for peace of mind probably best to get it swapped for a new valve next week.
if you are worried turn off the mains when you're out or in bed.
the prv would usually be set at about 3bar.

As simon said,

7 bar is a lot for for most systems to handle, I personally would turn off the water and only use when required.

You could cause a lot of damage to ball valves, and any appliances attached.

ie washing machine/dishwasher/ fridge freezer with water.

I supose it all depends on which PRV you have - some are quite specific about installation.
and volumes. We know loads about prvs.

They do wear out and ought to be installed as per manu instructions Centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty Pressure Reducing Valve? - Are these numbers an urgent problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock