Discuss Faulty float valve, or faulty immersion stat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevin plumber

Just inspected a hot water cylinder with a combined water tank, on inspection i found the water tank to have the float valve (part 1 type) submerged in water. The water is coming out of the overflow and i'm drawn to either of the two conclusions:

1. Ball valve is faulty and needs replacing.
2. Thermostat is bust and causing expanding water to pump over, hence the extra water in the tank being sent out of the overflow.

A second opinion would be good, cheers.

Fit a new Ball valve and ball, and fit a new stat. It would cost you no more than £20 and it will be sorted no problem.

I told him to check the float on page 1.

Its now page 3 and as Tamz says, this is basic stuff.

Check the float, check the valve, and check the stat with an electrical meter.

Change the faulty part. The name of the original poster implies he's a plumber. So this should be childs play.

Couldn't agree more mate.
If an allegedly experienced plumber is still asking stupid questions after a load of sensible answers have been provided it doesn't bode well for the future of the trade IMO.

I do actually worry about how things will be 20 years down the line. Of course there will still be some good tradesmen /women but the majority will be useless. I have really seen standards and skill levels drop dramatically in the past 10 or so years and it gets worse year after year.
I'd better keep my tools with me when i land in a nursing home........if i can still remember what to do with them by then :lol:

It wasnt i wild guess it could have been a problem with the stat or the ballvalve. For the sake of a ball valve and a stat and being 100% sure its fixed and safe whats the problem with changing both? I was just trying to help the guy? is that not what this forum is about?

It wasnt i wild guess it could have been a problem with the stat or the ballvalve. For the sake of a ball valve and a stat and being 100% sure its fixed and safe whats the problem with changing both? I was just trying to help the guy? is that not what this forum is about?

No way could it have been the 'stat without really obvious indications.
Yes, this forum does it's best to help but when the best advice is offered perhaps it should be accepted and not argued with.
If the information provided is not acceptable then the poster is at liberty to go elsewhere for free advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty float valve, or faulty immersion stat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back