Search the forum,

Discuss DIY Project To Zone My House in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Danny for your feedback

the thing I think he is trying to do is to just change a few bits of pipe and not the whole system, he is trying to do it on the cheap and do half a job.
what he is talking about is a massive job, usually done by ripping a whole system out and putting a whole new system in (unless you are lucky and can see all pipework and all rads are seperate, not teed off each other)

I have to be honest though and can not see it working at the moment, with a bit of work and careful thought, then yes it will work, but the OP is thinking the wrong way round.

But the best option is quite clearly to get the right kit and start from scratch

Last edited by a moderator:
blah.jpg.....

the thing I think he is trying to do is to just change a few bits of pipe and not the whole system, he is trying to do it on the cheap and do half a job.
what he is talking about is a massive job, usually done by ripping a whole system out and putting a whole new system in (unless you are lucky and can see all pipework and all rads are seperate, not teed off each other)

I have to be honest though and can not see it working at the moment, with a bit of work and careful thought, then yes it will work, but the OP is thinking the wrong way round.

But the best option is quite clearly to get the right kit and start from scratch

Thanks for the feedback and yes i am talking about half a job.

I am not removing any radiators or the pipe work in the walls

Just the way the rads are connected together in the loft.

I am lucky all the rads are individual pipe back to the main 22mm runs so no to hard to do

So it is not a big job from my point of view just a layout change of the main 22mm runs.

To be honest the old pipe work up the loft ( That was nothing to do with me ) is a mess and even if i cut it all out and Re pipe it all to exactly the same layout it will be 100% improvement

Remember this was heating system that had a water tank that was Horizontal due to the low roof height and was 20+ years old with an old floor standing boiler in the kitchen.

Thanks everyone for your comments

Regards

Richard

Can't believe this thread is still going. At best you'll have a system that doesn't work, at worst you'll create a new shower area in the middle of your bedroom, or melt your poor old dears with overheating.

This is more of a pob cast of in the life of rich! he's not asking for help just saying wot he's doing right or wrong when this froum is about sharing info and asking for help! I might be wrong but your on the wrong web site you should be putting your own podcast on your own web site

luv to do a survey on that house for the next buyer!

Sorry love but the heating doesn't conform to any kind of regs and the bodger who had the house previous has made all the radiators rot. It'll need ripping out, so ask for 10k off the asking price.

IMG_8545 - Copy.jpgIMG_8662 - Copy.jpgIMG_8663 - Copy.jpg

Some pictures of my plastic pipe work in the bathroom and kitchen sink

Am sure the faults will become apparent when you do the second fix and test fella

Hope you carried out a full pressure test on all the plastic 15mm to ensure the manufacturers warranty is applicable in the future.

Sorry richard but that pipework is unbelievably rough!!!
That basin waste is sooo high! U wont be able to box that in!!
I wouldnt have any of that in my house.

Sorry just saying what everyone is thinking...

Least you've put a batten underneath the bath for support

My first post on this thread, and a word of warning Richard!!! All the electrical components on a heating system must be isolated at one point. It is not acceptable to have seperate parts on separate fused spares i.e time clock and 2 port on a completly separate circuit to any other part of the system. Think about it, some comes to work on the system and isolates the system by the fused spare at the boiler and the starts working on the system?????????

Does your basin waste in your bathroom just go in your bath trap?
Hard to see from pictures

This is the bathroom looks now it is finished

I do not have a picture of the boxing around the waste pipe but it is fine and looks good and does not look out of place.

Thanks

IMG_8710.jpgIMG_8742.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY Project To Zone My House in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock