Search the forum,

Discuss DIY Project To Zone My House in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds on us never hearing from Richard again?

I'm sure he'll be back to say its working fine.

I'm off to finish the suspension bridge at the bottom of my garden.

Yeah, I better get back to building my oil well project too, otherwise the missus is gonna be peeved.

I will be back as i am a man of my word

I will not go into detail about the slightly more complex project of integrating the heating system into my home network using our Linux server to monitor the boiler stats through the Valiant proprietary EBUS communication system then

I will save that for another post !

See you all soon

Regards

Richard

I will be back as i am a man of my word

I will not go into detail about the slightly more complex project of integrating the heating system into my home network using our Linux server to monitor the boiler stats through the Valiant proprietary EBUS communication system then

I will save that for another post !

See you all soon

Regards

Richard

thats the easy bit

Hahahaha. This thread just gets better. Should be a easy job for someone of your calibre Richard.

I don't even see how monitoring the boiler stat would be at all beneficial.

In this case the only thing it will tell you is that you've piped and wired your system up wrong and are producing excessive amounts of heat.

the boiler will require interlock for all zones, to work correctly, meet the building regulations and be efficient. Also dont forget your auto bypass if you didnt plan for one.

good luck and please keep in mind that any work on the boiler that breaks into the combustion chain will need a competent person, this is likey to include the removal of its case.

It may be an idea to involve a Heating Engineer for advise but you seem confident you can get it done. Let us know how it works out.

I think some of you are being a bit harsh on the OP!

Good luck OP, but I'd seriously think about each zone having a stat and timer, if you are going to go through all of this cost and effort, it'd make sense to have time AND temperature control on the zones.

Why not just turn the rads off that you don't want to heat with the valves on the rads, then turn them back on?

Well this is the best Wednesday night iv had in a long time! This thread and Tyrone fiddling with boilers on coronation street! What a night!

Well this is the best Wednesday night iv had in a long time! This thread and Tyrone fiddling with boilers on coronation street! What a night!

fiddlling with boilers, hes not been sleeping with that fiz again?? :)

Turning the rads off and on manually is ok if your at home but when you have 19 its a bit of a pain

No not dead but she could of died due to unqualified soap actors fiddling with the flue. So don't ever attempt any gasworks please please get a gas safe engineer in! :).

Richard you seem like a smart bloke can't you design and build a Robot to go turn TRVs off at allocated times programmed into the robots inbuilt time clock?

Last edited by a moderator:
And do not. Under any circumstances. Any at all. Attempt to connect into your boiler to remotely control the boiler temp. This is your last line of defence before the limit stat.

Professional BEMS companies know this is not to be tampered with. Take the hint.

well i could install Programmable Thermostatic Radiator Valve Digital TRV on all the rads as these can all be programmed by day to switch each rad on and off each day

But i think this would have a number of disadvantages

1 it will deliver exactly the same result as my project but done at each radiator
2. you have to buy them all
3 set them all
4 change the batterys ever 6 to 12 months

My project will do exactly the same but will use 2 to 3 motor valves to isolate a bank of specific radiators

No batterys or programming loads of TVRs

Had a look at the pipe work tonight and i believe i will need about 50M of 22mm plastic speed fit barrier pipe about ÂŁ90

We have no plan to control any aspects of the Boiler

This is done with the Valiant time clock and VR65 Control Unit

Thanks

Richard

Then how you gonna connect all that pipe to rads without fittings 3x honeywell 2 ports 180 ish as well, then a call to someone to sort it out when you hash it up

Note to other users thinking of doing something similar.

This is not the way to do it, please employ the services of a decent (preferably recommended) plumber/heating engineer.

IMHO

:eek: Great another sparky-joiner on the forums......good luck when the 438 throws a certain fault related to flow, directly related to what you are going to try to do!

Remember your going to need to use copper for the first 3 meters from the boiler for your heating pipe work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY Project To Zone My House in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock