Discuss Changing from Plastic to Copper at Shower Valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hopefully a simple question for someone in the know, but why do some plumbers/installers run everything in plastic pushfit (Hep2O or JG) and then swap over to copper for the last bit before a shower etc? I see this being done on installations where there is a pushfit adaptor available for the shower thread so it doesn't seem t be that.

When you're first fixing you often don't know exactly what connectors shower has so we always use copper covers most possibilities.
Also on new build its quiet normal to use copper for aesthetic reasons for final connection's.

When you're first fixing you often don't know exactly what connectors shower has so we always use copper covers most possibilities.
Also on new build its quiet normal to use copper for aesthetic reasons for final connection's.
Thanks. I've seen people do it when installing concealed shower valves and then covering over. Is that to future proof against the valve getting changed down the line?

Think it’s more down to plastic can blow out of compression fittings if not correct

Reply to Changing from Plastic to Copper at Shower Valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, in order to replace the solenoid on my shower I need to take it off the wall (bad shower design). I've got all the electrics disconnected...
Replies
Views
I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Back