Search the forum,

Discuss Shower issue with two new showers in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off and capped it off for the time being, fast forward 3 months the same thing in the main bathroom, that one is leaking from the mixer bar, (no issues with hot water or pressure), so it’s time to buy 2 new showers for the main bathroom and the capped off en suite. Fitted the showers with no issues, while using them the water pressure is ok but all of a sudden dramatically slows down on both of them, so I’m assuming it’s either the new showers or I’ve messed up installing them because there is no issue with hot water pressure anywhere else in the house, even the sink and bath taps are good. I’m thinking maybe blocked filter on the mixer bar, removed the main shower to have a look but no blocked filter or installation faults and would be strange two showers are doing the same thing. So while the shower is off had the misses to turn water on at stop tap ( don’t seem to have any valves in the bathroom to isolate), so I can see flow rate, cold water is pumping out while the hot is much much slower, so that seems to be the issue and I’m assuming that’s what’s happening to the en suite also, but the hot water is good everywhere else in the house, even the bath taps, so maybe it’s a blocked pipe?, shoved a bit flexible thin plastic just to dislodge anything but nothing, so I’ve but the shower back on so I can turn the water back on, but the shower is still the same. This is baffling me , if this is a boiler issue shouldn’t the bath taps be affected?, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to Shower issue with two new showers in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock