Discuss Boiler in a mobile home in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Goose

I have got to look at a job next week to fit heating and a boiler etc in a mobile home. Possibly a bit of plumbing too.
Is there anything different from the usual I should be aware of or look out for?

My only advice is don't use 4" screws...

I was a little concerned about attaching stuff! Boilers and rads are not light.
Any ideas what they are made of? I assumed thin wood panels with insulation behind it.
I may have to stock up on no more nails :tounge_smile:

I came across a neighbours dead cat while crawling around underneath one once. It was long gone, mummified in dirt. Made me jump though and scurried out like a rat!

Is there nothing there already?

A lot were 15mm one pipe systems or hep underneath in an insulated box.

a lot of the walls are hardboard on 1 inch timbers. Can be a right nightmare.

Last edited:
I came across a neighbours dead cat while crawling around underneath one once.
That's lunch taken care of!

Not sure if there is anything in the way of boiler or rads there yet. I am hoping to get a look at it next week. But I do like a one pipe system!
I did some plumbing repairs on one a few years ago and some fittings had frozen and split. I was surprised there was no insulation on it. I looked under their neighbours ones and they all seemed the same.

I did wonder whether an external frost stat/pipe stat was the best way round the cold issue.

Hardboard! I did wonder. I may look at floor mounted rads if the timbers are not easily accessed or strong enough.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there a final verdict on what LAV and RPH has to do with what I am looking at? Or is it just an acronym to confuse and belittle a humble plumber?

Any more thoughts or suggestions please guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler in a mobile home in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock