Discuss Boiler in a mobile home in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Goose

I have got to look at a job next week to fit heating and a boiler etc in a mobile home. Possibly a bit of plumbing too.
Is there anything different from the usual I should be aware of or look out for?

and something to wipe the cat **** off your knees fm crawling around underneath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and something to wipe the cat **** off your knees fm crawling around underneath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a bit concerned about what would be under there! They said it's 30 odd years old so there could be a large build up!

My only advice is don't use 4" screws...

I was a little concerned about attaching stuff! Boilers and rads are not light.
Any ideas what they are made of? I assumed thin wood panels with insulation behind it.
I may have to stock up on no more nails :tounge_smile:

I came across a neighbours dead cat while crawling around underneath one once. It was long gone, mummified in dirt. Made me jump though and scurried out like a rat!

Is there nothing there already?

A lot were 15mm one pipe systems or hep underneath in an insulated box.

a lot of the walls are hardboard on 1 inch timbers. Can be a right nightmare.

Last edited:
I came across a neighbours dead cat while crawling around underneath one once.
That's lunch taken care of!

Not sure if there is anything in the way of boiler or rads there yet. I am hoping to get a look at it next week. But I do like a one pipe system!
I did some plumbing repairs on one a few years ago and some fittings had frozen and split. I was surprised there was no insulation on it. I looked under their neighbours ones and they all seemed the same.

I did wonder whether an external frost stat/pipe stat was the best way round the cold issue.

Hardboard! I did wonder. I may look at floor mounted rads if the timbers are not easily accessed or strong enough.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there a final verdict on what LAV and RPH has to do with what I am looking at? Or is it just an acronym to confuse and belittle a humble plumber?

Any more thoughts or suggestions please guys?

You need the lpg ticket to fit boiler in mobile home. It's another ticket you need to sit.

Is this something they have in there back yard ? or somewhere on a site ? are they using gas for anything else ? [cooker/fire] most of the ones I deal with use Micro-bore pipe as its a pain in the backside to run small bore under Neath due to the steel chaises, one of the main problems is finding suitable fixings for Rads/Boiler, flue position can be a problem, my be better going vertical. Are you certain its Nat Gas, and not piped LPG from bulk storage.

If it is a mobile home then it will be LPG I would of thought as I have never come across 1 on NG and I thought they could only be on LPG but I could be wrong on that. You do need LPG ticket and LAV ticket (basically covers you for static caravans and tourers)

If it's a residential park home then I've seen those on NG but I still believe you need RPH ticket which if you have done your LPG then most of the training centers I've seen do LPG and RPH tickets at the same time.

As I was told at my assessment if it has wheels it needs LAV if it doesn't it needs RPH.

I spoke to gas safe earlier about this and they said that there is no need to be lpg qualified as not lpg and the lav/rph part applies to lpg only not nat gas.

Stupid question, but how can it be classed as 'Mobile' if its connected to mains gas ?? Then It must be a permanent dwelling !

I assume the anaconda from the meter is an extra long one :tounge_smile:

I think its because they can be moved if needed which I would imagine makes the planning permission different to building a house.
There are a few near me and are all in lovely areas so I would have thought they put mobile homes there because they were not allowed to build houses there.

I spoke to gas safe earlier about this and they said that there is no need to be lpg qualified as not lpg and the lav/rph part applies to lpg only not nat gas.

Well every day is a learning day. Good to know. Although I've got those tickets anyway.

I did always think that NG couldn't go to a mobile home so not sure where I got that from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler in a mobile home in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock