Discuss Bathroom radiator won’t heat up/manual valve in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I see you indicated the return valve needed 2 1/4 turns before water came out that would be my main suspect.
I've seen some of the cheaper types of the rad valves like yours have non rising head works that can jam fully open or virtually closed.

I see you indicated the return valve needed 2 1/4 turns before water came out that would be my main suspect.
I've seen some of the cheaper types of the rad valves like yours have non rising head works that can jam fully open or virtually closed.
Hi, the reason we took the radiator fully off was so that we could see sideways into the valve. We could see that when turned the valves were opening and closing. The valves were atleast £30 so I wouldn’t say that they were cheap…

Turn all the other trvs off and retest does that one heat up ?

Piping to the rad faulty if your getting flow from each side so never worked

Sometime has to be wrong with the piping your getting good flow out of each valve

Rad is changed / clear

So sounds like the pipework is wrong eg flow to flow or return to return

Can’t be as you’ve turned all the others off and it still doesn’t heat being the only one left ?

The radiator did work and was very hot at one point but just has not worked properly for some reason for several months.
Hi, as mentioned above the radiator used to work fine, before that radiator was in situ there was a towel radiator that had manually valves and again that worked fine for years. We don’t know if it could be a problem with the pump on the boiler not being impactive enough or potentially whether this could be an indicator of a blockage in the pipe. Or something else.

Your hot water is working ? , all your other rads are working fine ?
Water is flowing good from both pipes

Something else I would say

Reply to Bathroom radiator won’t heat up/manual valve in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock