Currently reading:
Am I a bad customer / job magnet

Discuss Am I a bad customer / job magnet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

Hi guys I'm having a nightmare of late !!!! I started a bbu to combi change over last Tuesday the customer was hardwork from hour one I dug up the floor buryed the pipes except the gas all done right. came back Wednesday there was an atmosphere a. Bad one so carried on pipe work trvs ect . Came back Thursday with my roofer we put the flue though a flat roof on the out building and it was pouring down with rain finished and took a look thought it didn't look right as there was a opening window 650 to the right in the mean time I had problems with the pipe work from the old bbu to the a.c only had upstairs rads working I left the boiler and gas left off so called a mate to come in on the Friday the atmosphere was really bad we found the pipe work problem which was a mess under the front room floor and then I had a pinhole in a brand new length of 28 mm copper !! I then took another look at the flue before I commissioned and turned on the gas and boiler realised it was wrong genuine mistake spoke to the customer she went mad !! And said leave we not paying so I turned off the boiler gas ect and left . She's called a family member who is a gas engineer and gas safe and said its wrong which I new but they say they can smell fumes in the bedroom !! I'm frantic I called gas safe yesterday and explained and they said I have to wait till the inspection then sort things after . I new this job was a complete nightmare since I started now it's just a f up thoughts please

Last edited by a moderator:
So your just going to let them get away it.

In reality what are you going to do? Criminal damage to them will get you in trouble, cost you more and cause you more misery.
take them to court and as gas safe have been involved and found faults ( minor) you will loose. This will cost you more time, hassle and expense!
this leaves only oe option.

Move on. ( I learned this fom two messy divorces)

I'm angry how can they find stuff wrong 5 weeks after the ordinal inspection then try and blame me !!! I've got a meeting with the area manager next week Y didn't you find these faults last time I asked him ??? How can you say this hasn't been doctored there has been 3'engineers there I between I've got that in writing but still gas inspector said it was. My work I'm highly contesting this they are not taking any action but still how can they do this I'm asking all this and more next week. My mrs wants me to drop it but I don't no what to do

I would take legal action for damage to your goods. Failure to for full contract on their side and also deformation (deformation won't stick but others will. ) gas safe are a joke. If you have original report that's enough anything after that report is the work o others. As has safe have said you were not allowed to return. The appliance wasn't commissioned. Before the meeting get a letter in to gas safe. As a letter cannot be misconstrued or altered: an email will be as good .

I rectified a boiler install done by a complete muppet two years ago. Gas safe came out and at worst told him off. Custard didn't want him back after waiting 4 weeks for works to be completed. Work was horrific.

Went round and dispite my advise they let builders "engineer" move boiler

u7ygehyd.jpg

Long and short some people don't learn.

Do you not have contact with the local goon squad. Theyre always happy to help for a few pound notes.

Wont help getting money etc. But boy will it feel good.

And no, im not kidding.

Just make sure you are in a big group of people when anything happens for an alibi.

There is no point in initiating court action unless there is at least a fighting chance of winning it.

Unfortunately, court cases like this are not won or lost on truth and facts. They turn on which side has the most credibility, and I'm afraid that Pete's credibility is going to be damaged by the early problems and the gas safe report. It doesn't matter what we think, all that matters is what a small claims court judge thinks.

Although I think its wrong, I reckon the best thing to do here is to let it go. You could spend hundreds of hours chasing this, and may well lose. Even if you win, they will plead poverty and you will get £2 per week.

I had a situation recently where several £k turned on whether a landlord had given me notice of a rent increase.

He had sent it recorded delivery, which counted as proof of postage. This was deemed to count as "service of notice" even though the post office tracking system did not show delivery, and recorded that the letter was returned to sender as undeliverable. Whats more, the landlord freely acknowledged that he had received a letter from me which made it clear that I had never received it.

So even though I could prove that I had never received it, the law treated it as if it was delivered. After spending several more £k on legal fees, eventually I had to give it up. It doesn't make it right, but it was in danger of taking over my life, to the detriment of the rest of the business and my life.

Sometime, you just have to let it go, and let Karma do its thing on your behalf.

I've no doubt your right Ray, but I for one would find it very hard not to get some kind of recompense in some form or another.

Last edited:
I said it before, and I will say it again. No need ''beating yourself'' over this. Push it to the back of your mind and move on. Concentrate on other jobs. Even your wife wants you to 4get it.
Now considering she had initially blamed you for not taking a deposit and is now asking that you let it be, take her advice and move on. You do not want to give her a STICK TO BEAT YOU WITH, DO YOU
At least, I am hoping you got to keep the cylinder and old pipework that came from the job?

Its a big grey area . Youve paid for boiler . Theyve ripped your paid boiler off and dumped it in your garden . At end of the day you offered to fix any mistake but the problem is the custards will make your mistakes sound so overwhelming and dangerous that you wouldnt stand a chance in court im afraid. and the fact they had gassafe the governing body to attend also puts everything in there favour BUT your not challanging for right or wrong your challanging for damages to personal property ie (all materials). It might be worth even a quick phone call to a local solicitor to get a bit of advice as to whether its worth persueing. Its defo worth a call. Just remember dont call a criminal lawyer but a civil one . Some do both but not all.

Seems cust has won then. They wouldnt if it was me. I wouldnt let no one get the better of me legally or otherwise. No point moanin about it if your gonnado bugger all about it. thats my last word on this thread before i say somehing really bad.

Seems cust has won then. They wouldnt if it was me. I wouldnt let no one get the better of me legally or otherwise. No point moanin about it if your gonnado bugger all about it. thats my last word on this thread before i say somehing really bad.

So you are saying: This Thread is CLOSED Then?
In that case, you may have a point. It seems to be heading no where, so what is the point dragging it further?

Call me weak but I've given up it's caused me and my family so much crap I've tested the boiler and it works I've got my stuff of sorts back but I won't forget this one I'm changing my way I work strict deposits ect

Blimey you northerners and your principles... :devilish:

Nothing to do with principles. Legally probably very little to do that doesnt involve spending a shed load of money, the lawyers getting rich and not getting any further forward.

But in saying that and knowing youve been screwed over good and proper then I'd be taking a different tack.

Its almost impossible to be in business for any length of time, and not get screwed by someone. (Or by the government, every day!)

It used to wind me up like Jules is describing. But after a while that gets tiring, and you have to think about your blood pressure. No point in going to an early grave stressing out over some t0sser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Am I a bad customer / job magnet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back