Discuss ZERO! Williams & Co sold in management buyout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure you have a drink to toast it with lol
You could of sold it for that £5 lol

Well done Ray and team, here's to cheaper prices from here on in! :party:

Last edited:
Congratulations Ray,

It really shows how much faith you and your staff have in the business.

Onwards and upwards.

On a side note trust me to leave the facebook group a couple of days ago. I just couldnt stand the knob heads anymore. Whats the offer?

fantastic news Ray, you have a great company there and a great workforce as well. i wish you all well in your fantastic adventure and i raise a glass to you all :8:

Well thats buggered it .....Dean in the Slough branch will want me to pay for the tea now that he is a shareholder and minimising anything given away for free......damn you Stafford........and damn you again.

Well done and congratulations to all at Williams.

soon be like John Lewis, a nicer place to shop than tescos, congrats and Mr W has a little pension to retire on now :)

I take it you'll be refurbishing you're East and west wing next year!

Ha flippin' ha. Not for so long as the bank manager has my gonads in his vault.

Well done and congratulations to all the team.

Thanks

Where the shares limited per employee or did you find s few really went for it?

We had some existing shareholder employees, and the ones that had been with us for years had really quite valuable stakes to roll over. For a lot of the guys its just a few hundred quid or a grand or two, but there are a small number of bigger hitters who have made serious (tens of thousands) investments.

Now if somebody could just explain the biscuits thing to me

Its really easy. Deliveries on our own vehicles don't come with biccies. So you get deliveries (presumably from Nigel in Southampton, or possibly StevieD from Fareham). You get the pleasure of their witty banter and repartee, but have to make your own calorific arrangements.

When we started the ecommerce thing, we felt the loss of control over the selection of drivers, since we obviously don't control the carriers choice of driver. The last thing we wanted was a customer's primary impression of us being a miserable git of a driver, so we started including packets of jelly babies with orders. Not many people can resist smiling when given jelly babies. But jelly babies get boring after a while, so we ring the changes, and a big favourite is the biccies.

Unless you have transgressed against the unwritten code, obviously. Then you get blacklisted. :)

Congratulations Ray to you and your team, I'd say I hope you do well but you've already proven that you and your team are winners , all the best ,

Congratulations ray and the team just remember Ray the only way is up.

Take it you will still be here providing helpful advance.

Its really easy. Deliveries on our own vehicles don't come with biccies. So you get deliveries (presumably from Nigel in Southampton, or possibly StevieD from Fareham). You get the pleasure of their witty banter and repartee, but have to make your own calorific arrangements.

When we started the ecommerce thing, we felt the loss of control over the selection of drivers, since we obviously don't control the carriers choice of driver. The last thing we wanted was a customer's primary impression of us being a miserable git of a driver, so we started including packets of jelly babies with orders. Not many people can resist smiling when given jelly babies. But jelly babies get boring after a while, so we ring the changes, and a big favourite is the biccies.

Unless you have transgressed against the unwritten code, obviously. Then you get blacklisted. :)

And and here's me thinking it was because you loved us.

And and here's me thinking it was because you loved us.

There's a reason why there are signs up at Zoo's that say 'Don't feed the animals'

That's the same reason why Ray sends out goodies with his delivery's.

Sorry ray only just seen this, (on holls). Just a massive congratulations and good luck from me, it goes without saying , keep up the good work. So theres no change there then.

Congratulations, top man, Ray! All the best for the future!

I fear ive transgressed at some point. I can't believe I haven't :wink:

Congratulations Ray, we just need branches in the north now. ( in fact one in Northern Ireland where I am at the moment) as well

Funny you should say that. As I was parking my Hyundai outside the solicitors, I couldn't help noticing a Ferrari and a Porsche 911 parked outside. I asked the senior partner which was his, and he replied "both".

Seriously.

I got his bill today.

Suffice to say I fully expect to see a Maserati join the Ferrari and Porsche next time I visit.

Well done Ray. Well deserved. Hope your outfit grows stronger and keep prices reasonable as always. Have a drink on me.

Well done Ray :party:
All the best with your venture and i hope you pull it off big time. You deserve it.
Forget the Maserati's. Next stop St Andrews. The let you in with a Hyundai and they are much more practical for the golf clubs :wink:

Dundrod, just been to Ballymac for meal after watching point to point and losing money on horses,
With friends not working!

My mate's having his wedding reception in the ballymac later on this week, I was invited** but can't make it.

** The invite came with the wording "there are young people going, Croppie, don't you dare scare them. Oh, and leave the women alone, I've told them you have chloroform and a van!"

Honestly! He makes me sound like an igor!

Congratulations to you and the team. It is a testament to you and the team at Williams that this feels like a victory for us customers too. I Have not felt as pasionately committed to a retailer and there success in my life. Long may the new Williams and co succeed in its plans and continue to foster such exceptional customer relationships.

They were setting the function room up for a reception last night, looks good.

Late to the party as ever, I can't add any more to what has already been said, just say well done Ray & the team.

P.S.
I hope you will keep on posting Ray now that you have a company to run!!

Nice one Ray. This sounds like a really exciting time for the staff and management at W&Co. At least you guys are all fully in control of your own destiny now!

Congratulations to you and the team. It is a testament to you and the team at Williams that this feels like a victory for us customers too. I Have not felt as pasionately committed to a retailer and there success in my life. Long may the new Williams and co succeed in its plans and continue to foster such exceptional customer relationships.

Thats such a nice thought Tim that I can even forgive you for the use of the word "retailer".

Change that to "wholesaler" and it might just be my favourite post ever put on UKPF. :)

Thats such a nice thought Tim that I can even forgive you for the use of the word "retailer".

Change that to "wholesaler" and it might just be my favourite post ever put on UKPF. :)

Done and done. [emoji1]

Originally Posted by solutions
Congratulations to you and the team. It is a testament to you and the team at Williams that this feels like a victory for us customers too. I Have not felt as pasionately committed to a wholesaler and there success in my life. Long may the new Williams and co succeed in its plans and continue to foster such exceptional customer relationships.

Wouldn't allow me to edit original post so an edited quote shall have to suffice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ZERO! Williams & Co sold in management buyout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Trade only plumbing and heating merchant, Williams & Co, has announced the implementation of the Living Wage for all its workforce. From 1st...
Replies
Views
O
IntaKlean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co I got this off Roy and fitted it a while ago, I was going to do a video of it been fitted but never got...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
R
The new book is available on our website now. Right this minute, its not password protected, but as soon as our IT manager makes it back the pub...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
Back