Discuss Your Thoughts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Over last few months have been doing work for a landlord who has a fair few properties dotted around near me. She acquired a place that she is separating into 2 flats and i supplied a price for full heating and bathrooms which she was happy with and pretty much had the go ahead with early new year. Since then she fell out with her builder and now has a new pair of builders on the scene .

Roll on today although i never met these new pair of builds i oddly bumped into them this afternoon outside this landlords numerous properties, they never met me before and didn't know i was there to do work for same landlord, when they were leaving the property they noticed i may have been a plumber and asked if i was 'corgi' as they have 2 flats being developed and they are doing everything including plumbing and heating.

All they wanted from me was commission the gas for them, i asked where and it was same flats i priced . Said no chance way to risky and not for me however felt annoyed as helped this landlord out a lot suddenly these two turn up and want it all. Im half thinking to over charge this landlord on boiler works or mention about the flats must be installed by RGI as it will be rentals.

What you reckon?

Mention it to the lady and fully explain why.

Last edited:
Its a woman but quite annoyed with her obviously its her money so decides what she wants , feel like been a bit shafted over these flats of a pair of budget push fit builders.

As phil says cow

Still say talk first, tell her the chance meeting you had with them and how they asked you to do the signing off, she may of been fed a load of bull by these two guys and not realise the error of her decision. What you do after talking only you can decide. For the record I do agree she might be a cow or just a dumb cow.

See chalked has just posted a relevant point regarding fines.

Last edited:
AS rmp says, Just talk to her and tell her what these two have asked you to do and tell her the facts that there looking to do Illegal installs and have them signed off, I'e some one in the pub who doesn't care, and that theirs potential that there just going to do a cheap bodge job,

one of my customers who ive done quite a bit of work for suddenly stop using me and had all there work done by someone else, (For cheap) then rang me up when it all went wrong, i sorted the problems for them and charged a much higher rate to sort it.

I'm with RPM, find out what she knows first (she may be a devious, underhanded, greedy cow, or she could be the exception as far as landlords go) and go from there
I assume you know her quite well and would be able to judge her reaction as to her honesty about the dodgy builders
If she wont play ball, I would make sure gassafe, HSE, local building control etc, knew exactly what was going on
Although I doubt anything would get done

" We do all the building work, including the plumbing heating and electrics for you and all carried out by our professional tradesmen. Your plumber might delay the overall job, whereas our men work to a schedule and besides, we will be cheaper."
That's the sort of builder talk that persuades your customer to drop you. More stupidity than stabbing you in the back.

show her the resulting court fines in gsr mag this month, point out landlords can be included for encouraging folks to break the rules :)

**** in the letter box and sack her off.

I avoid landlords like the plague.

**** in the letter box and sack her off.

I avoid landlords like the plague.

If it was a new-ish customer then Yes, however as you`ve done previous work without fault why dump without talking first, "Don`t be tempted to cut off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind.

If it was a new-ish customer then Yes, however as you`ve done previous work without fault why dump without talking first, "Don`t be tempted to cut off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind.

If he's ****ing through the letter box his nose will be the least of his worries!

As best has said, that is what the builder would of told them.

Speak to her and see what she says. Then if she still goes with them wait until the next gas safety check and rip it to pieces and make your money back then.

you do need to talk to the landlord she maybe unaware of the situation if she then goes ahead with the builders inform gas safe of the situation they may have noted your gas safe number and intend to use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your Thoughts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock