Search the forum,

Discuss Working abroad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JD89

Hey chaps..

Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Seeing as I'm still young (ish) I want to get out and work abroad, my main goal is money and I want to be able to find work somewhere which pays well in order for me to save up enough cash to get a mortage on a house.

It doesn't have to be plumbing exactly, what ever I need to do in order to get work earning top dollar really.

Any info is much appreciated, thanks people!

Difficult to get into but big money and great experience if you can get a job in Australia mining. I done a bit of plumbing there in 2012 and a lot of guys were trying to get into the mines where the cash was.

you will need an Australian working visa which will last a year hopefully within the year you will find a sponsorship. To qualify for the working visa you need to be younger than 30... goodluck

Difficult to get into but big money and great experience if you can get a job in Australia mining. I done a bit of plumbing there in 2012 and a lot of guys were trying to get into the mines where the cash was.

you will need an Australian working visa which will last a year hopefully within the year you will find a sponsorship. To qualify for the working visa you need to be younger than 30... goodluck

Ah yeah I remember someone mentioning the mines in Austrailia to me. How would I go about doing that? I have no experience with the mining industry?

Ah yeah I remember someone mentioning the mines in Austrailia to me. How would I go about doing that? I have no experience with the mining industry?

Have an uncle that did it in the north and it can be a hard life, mining camps are often miles from anywhere.

And anywher is normally miles grom nowhere.

The mines tend to be a bit of a closed shop. Its not what you know but who you know.

Have an uncle that did it in the north and it can be a hard life, mining camps are often miles from anywhere.

I don't mind the hard life, I'm used to it lol

It's only going to be until I've saved enough to have a decent deposit on a house.. I'll also use it to set me up when I'm back home... It'll be nice to get away for a while. Just need to know what to do in order to get work in these mines (unless something better comes along)

You don't have to be a miner as such they look for general labour.

My advice is to get the working visa and head out its a great experience, once your over there you will be able to look for a job.

No idea about the mining work maybe need to research over the net.

You don't have to be a miner as such they look for general labour.

My advice is to get the working visa and head out its a great experience, once your over there you will be able to look for a job.

No idea about the mining work maybe need to research over the net.

I'll work on getting a VISA soon as, I also need to save some money now in order to be able to go out there, I'd rather do all that knowing I could get work straight away.

I'm researching it now, only downfall with the internet there's a lot of sites which try selling you ebooks or whatever. full of scam artists :/

No idea what I'm looking at on that website, I have no clue where to start.

Also I been looking at working offshore, I've heard it's solid to get work offshore, my boss infact has worked onshore and he even said it was difficult for other lads to get in.

I'm not sure if it's worth anything but i have two trades, welding and plumbing.

I just want to get out there and start earning.

Generally speaking, if you have a needed trade you can find work anywhere it's needed providing you can get a work visa, which is not so straight forward. For example if you are UK Gas Safe or a qualified Sparks you can get work in Australia but will need a sponsor, satisfy immigration and then re take your qualification. Don't ever be tempted to try and work abroad without a work visa, when you get caught you will never be allowed back in. Just like the UK unskilled immigrants get to do the jobs no one else wants and for less money than the locals would work for. Take a look at South Africa, Nigeria, Argentina. For example if you are qualified welder then look at the ship building industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind the hard life, I'm used to it lol

It's only going to be until I've saved enough to have a decent deposit on a house.. I'll also use it to set me up when I'm back home... It'll be nice to get away for a while. Just need to know what to do in order to get work in these mines (unless something better comes along)

I doubt that you will be able to abroad and earn enough to put a deposit down on a house in this country. Most places you may work out slightly better off in that country but then if you convert the currency back to ÂŁ would that make you enough?

So if you go to oz and want to come back with a 20k deposit you'd need to save 40k dollars. A quick google of average plumbers wages shows 60-65k dollars and you'd need to live and pay taxes so I can't see it being done any quicker than in this country.

Don't get me wrong though I wish I'd done years ago not for the money but just for the experience but I'd never go oz! Stuff that they have spiders that hide under the toilet seat waiting for you!

Seems that being a plumber wherever it may be I won't be better off than I am in the UK.. As for the mining industry in Oz it's on the decline as the booms over. In fact people from the UK are moving back over here because it's so bad..

I'm not too bothered about the experience as such, I'd rather get my stuff together and get a home while I'm young. If I want a nice experience then I'll just plan it out with work to supplement it.

How does a sponsor work? Is that an employer who's willing to take you on soon as you get to Oz or wherever it may be?

Complete the immigration criteria assessment on this web site to see if you stand a chance
http://www.workpermit.com/australia/appraisal_form.htm

As an indication, my cousin wanted to sell up his very successful architect practice in the U.K. And retire to the Gold Coast to be near his daughter and extended family, he was only 60, his wife was 55. He didn't want to work and they both had perfect health, no convictions of any kind, and close to ÂŁ2,000,000 cash in the bank, plus private and state pensions to come. They had to put half their money into the Australian government bond for a minimum of 12 months, be subjected to extensive medical examination by the state, and where granted a 5 year visa on the provision that in that time they did not become a burden on the state medically or financially, did not get convicted of a crime and where prepared to apply for citizenship, took out private medical insurance. Also I believe that they could not own a property for the first 12 months. This was 10 years ago, things may be different now, they are still there, they love it but say it was tough for the first 12 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent a year in oz, didn't do any plumbing work mostly labouring and couldn't save anything as the cost of living was so high. I make more money here than I did in oz, I didn't fancy the retraining to get into plumbing, and couldn't get on the mines.

All some really helpful information given from the responding people of this post and i appreciate this myself as i plan to work abroad in a few years, it maybe be hard but im sure i will be able to pull it off and i hope all goes well for you JD89 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working abroad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock