Discuss Work trousers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benloone

Which work trousers do you suggest?
I use snickers floorlayers and was wondering what trousers you lot use?
After a new pair soon so wanted to get some opinions!

Last time I moved from snickers floor layers to the bog standard snickers with the flappy pockets. I'm definitely getting the same again.

Engelbert strauss. Expensive but last ages a fit me well. Also a lined winter which is perfect for site work.

L brador, great for summer as they are quite thin, need long johns in the winter though

I've been wearing Dickie's ones but I've noticed they've changed the sizing. I've been a 32" waist since my teens but they're starting to make the trousers smaller....

I've been wearing Dickie's ones but I've noticed they've changed the sizing. I've been a 32" waist since my teens but they're starting to make the trousers smaller....

That's it mas you convince yourself of that :wink_smile:

Suffering from a bit of middle age spread Mas? :)

I wear the Dickies, bit lighter weight than the snickers so I dont sweat my nads off, also was feeling a bit short changed with the snickers, just not the quality they used to be. Didnt mind paying top price for top trousers. Theyve kept the price but definitely not the quality imho.

I find the snickers good , no matter what oil, flux or sealant gets on them fling em in the machine and ready overnight for tomorrow ! For that price they should too..

Depends what you want, worth looking in Sports Direct (or was it JB Sports?) if it`s light weight one`s you want at £20, they have the top loading knee pad pockets.

Never seen Englebert Strauss anywhere. The Snickers floorlayer trousers are almost 4 times the cost of Dickies. Are they really that good?

Never seen Englebert Strauss anywhere. The Snickers floorlayer trousers are almost 4 times the cost of Dickies. Are they really that good?

They used to be mas but not now since changed to the 3233 instead of 5223

Get them only from their website and its about 50 quid for a pair. Worth it if you can make them last but that depends on the type of work you do and your table manners lol

Get them only from their website and its about 50 quid for a pair. Worth it if you can make them last but that depends on the type of work you do and your table manners lol

Which ones do you recommend? There's loads of different ones. Worth a punt if they're good but without seeing them it's hard to know which material is too warm etc. I don't like too thick / warm material on trousers or I end up sweating too much..

Which ones do you recommend? There's loads of different ones. Worth a punt if they're good but without seeing them it's hard to know which material is too warm etc. I don't like too thick / warm material on trousers or I end up sweating too much..

You forgot too small mas. Try and find the weight of them as an indication.

Es motion.. I know they have imaginative names but great trousers. Material quite light. They also do brilliant knee pads that fit inside the trousers might be worth ordering together to save on shipping

Engelbert Strauss Motion trousers for winter and Motion shorts for summer, they are worth the money, very well made and last for years, what do you expect from a German company.

Engelbert Strauss Motion trousers for winter and Motion shorts for summer, they are worth the money, very well made and last for years, what do you expect from a German company.
Im sporting bright orange es Italy. Never has bit of workwear been the topic of so many conversations..

Always Snickers with holster pockets for me. I need to get a Cool Twill pair too as my normal pair are very heavy and hot unless it's really cold outside!

Scruffs trade trousers off ebay as they were about 15 quid cheaper than they should be

I don't know if this is different now as it's been a while since I've had floor layers.

Floor layers are a thinner material, cooler and a bit more comfortable, but stains more easily.

The knee pad pockets have a stronger material and last longer without wearing through.

The pocket layout is different too.

I prefer the layout on the duratwill and I've usually knackered the trousers up before the knee pad pockets are too bad anyway. If you gave an Arco near you they usually have them all in stock so you can compare in person.

30c3e552dd5dc1f823b05c60c5429565.jpg

These are my work trousers,

Strauss direct for me. Plumbs Have some offers on

You used to be a floor layers man what happened?

Honestly since face book you're not the same any more. Meat free, viessmanns, sub contractor, even refrained from slating the occasional Worcester.

Who are you and what have you done with the real ermintrude??

I have an easy work life now. Was looking at a mew Vito crew cab today....... Watch out wallet

Snickers Floorlayer trousers for me and the lads with Redback knee pads.

All this post proves is that everyone has their own preferences obtained through their own experiences, so best buy n try till u find what suits you. All I know is nothing ever fits me no matter which make I try :)

All this post proves is that everyone has their own preferences obtained through their own experiences, so best buy n try till u find what suits you. All I know is nothing ever fits me no matter which make I try :)

Stop pretending your a 32" waist then lame, when you give in and admit your a 38" everything will fit better!

Stop pretending your a 32" waist then lame, when you give in and admit your a 38" everything will fit better!

Bar steward, I know I am approaching croppie's waistline, trouble is the 38" waists never have long enough legs and the 40" just fall off my bum all day!!

Bar steward, I know I am approaching croppie's waistline, trouble is the 38" waists never have long enough legs and the 40" just fall off my bum all day!!

Johns about a 38" and he's shortish :biggrin5: maybe ask him to cut the excess off for you to sew onto yours mate!

My favourites are the Bosch trousers and I've a few pairs of scruffs , they're both good hard wearing trousers ,

I wear cheap ****ty Dunlops from Sports Direct,wore Snickers from back in the day in 1990,when they only came in blue nylon,but cannot stretch to the price of Snickers and find em now too low waisted,bought my last pair of Snickers 2 years ago,for 65 quid,got a Snickers hoodie which is far more useful than overpriced trousers,which every labourer wears to pass them selves off as a tradie

Old jeans as we always did before the building sites turned into some kind of fashion parade and the vans all looked like some kind of custom car show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Work trousers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Throughout our house there are numerous isolation valves which are on almost every plumbing fixture. Clearly whoever plumbed this had a thing...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have had an extension built which will have 3 radiators to the big main room, a utility sink and a shower room (ground works, waste...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock