Discuss work in australia in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Australia
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to submit all your papers and forms with ££££ (£600 when I looked), then if that's accepted you apply for a skills assesment through VETASSES with £££££ (£1600), then you fill in your visa. Except I don't think that plumbing is now on the occupations in demand list. If that's all approved you move to oz with a provisional plumbing license which allows you to work supervised. That's when you find your quals aren't worth the paper that they are printed on and have to go to TAFE (college) to upgrade before you can get your full plumbing license. Also if you want to go self employed you have to go to TAFE and take contracting qualifications. Then treat yourself to a new shovel because you'll use it a lot and work on your silver solder technique.

Silver solder?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rlyk4a

just took a closer look at the waterfall pic - wtf!? what a 'eadbanger!!!

Hmm!

All sounds nice when your young. But you do get old you know, and these places are not as comfortable to live in having to pay for everything when your old.

Okay if you like sport, sun and the outdoors. Ask yourself why the likes of Germane Greer, Clive James, Rolf Harris, Jason Donavon, Kylie Minogue all live here?
Simple there is nothing much to do in Oz it seems if you do not like sun and the outdoors.

I think Canada is a bit better, but it is so cold, big and expensive. The UK is not perfect by any means but at least you can usually get the basics over here. And for Plumbers its all licences and expense. In other words you have to pay out a fortune just to go to work. I thought the idea of work was to go and earn money if you had little not have to find it to pay out so you can go to work?

The world demand for minerals usually China and Japan is basically what is keeping Oz going at the moment. Lets be honest when did you last buy anything made in Oz?

If that demand drops so will the Oz economy probably and you will be out of work. Will sun and the outdoors be enough then? So if you do go, do not give up UK citizenship so you can come back as you get older.

Last edited by a moderator:
my mrs fancies oz. I never have fancied it - just the thought of crawling about under floors fittiing pipes with spiders the size of dustbin lids. not my cup of tea. probably misinformed, but it makes me feel better about barbequeing in the rain.

I fancy New Zealand myself - but cant guarantee getting plumbing work at the mo.

i know of a few geezers who've gone out to nz only to come back. don't think it's all it's cracked up to be over there. hard to get a start, and from what i gather, the trades weren't too keen on immigrants

I have a custard who sold up and emigrated to oz with the family then came back to uk cos they didn't like the television programs.
Go figure as the yanks say!

A Plumber mate of mine emigrated and came back. He told us he eventually got a a house and on the first day or so, his wife came screaming about a huge spider in one of the rooms. So he ran in and chased it out.

His neighbours said "You should not have done that, its harmless and it eats all the other spiders!"

Its the likes of the tunnel web spiders I don't like the sound of. They wait in the bog and bite your bum injecting all kinds of poison into you.

Also if you go for a swim off Blackpool or Brighton you are hardly likely to get eaten by a great white are you? Poisoned maybe? But not eaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to work in australia in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m looking for work as a trainee/mate. I live in Lancashire and attended college in Leeds so don’t mind travelling anywhere in the north...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock