Search the forum,

Discuss New plumber, looking for work ((Suffolk)) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me out with the essential 'on the tools' experience.

I work full time at the moment and am used to an above min wage salary, I understand I will have to take a significant pay cut if I'm going to be more appealing to an employer as a newbie/apprentice, however I know there are places out there that pay fairly well for apprentice levels.

I was wondering if anyone knows of places looking to take on people in my situation, or if you have any advice to make myself look a bit more appealing to an employer?

I've applied to British Gas (after seeing they pledge to employ more women in the trades) my local trades recruiters and council/housing associations, some local plumbing companies and let almost everyone I know to tell their plumbers about me! I have years of customer service, cleaning and admin under my belt, and I make a good cuppa! Just keen to learn and get stuck in :)

Also, I am interested in knowing how you got started? Did you have any struggles getting set up? What do you enjoy about the job the most?

Thanks,

Loz ([email protected])

Reply to New plumber, looking for work ((Suffolk)) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock