Discuss Worcester boiler flame detection light staying on for a few minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sammick80

Hi, any advise greatly appreciated. We have a Worcester 24CDi boiler. The flame detection light goes on for 1-2 minutes then goes off for a few minutes then on again for 1-2 minutes and so on. The radiator light stays on and the radiators remain hot. Is this normal or is there a fault. Today the temperature was set at 20 degrees and all the while it was going from 17-20 degrees the flame detection light kept coming on and going off. We have had constantly hot radiators. Am I worrying over nothing? Is this normal? If not what is the problem? Many thanks in advance

if the boiler is cycling on and off the whole time that is not right

it could be a pcb problem ,flame electrode,etc difficult to say without seeing

could be ntc,dodgy flame rectification,get it checked out by a gsr engineer,could be few other things,
more than likely stop

thanks. just spoke to Worcester and they reckon its the thermostat, could that be likely? what do u mean when u say more than likely stop?

hi,
If your boiler is switched off and on after 1-2 minutes automatically than there is some problem exist in that you replace your boiler or repair it.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester boiler flame detection light staying on for a few minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock