Discuss Worcester 28CDI RSF combi low flame in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubar1000

Gas Engineer
Morning all

Got a call late yesterday to the above, bit of a long story about this job as the custard is an EX insurance custard of mine, but the insurance company sent someone else out to the job 3 weeks ago.

The engineer changed the PCB, HT leads & some other bit's but the boiler is still the same (insurance company is now saying custard has spent £800 of the £1000 aloud on this claim so will not do any more work & was also saying they have been told by the engineer the flue has storm damage)

When the combustion chamber cover is off the boiler will light, but flames are only about 2/3mm high. Boiler will run like this for as long as it likes.

With the cover on, the boiler will light with 2/3mm flames but keeps on sparking then goes to lock-out.

I've checked the flue, APS & fan, all seem to be ok. Could it be the gas valve not going into full rate?

Thanks peeps

Burner pressure and inlet pressure i think ;).
I'd usually suggest he pcb might not be sending the gas valve the right voltage to open fully, but *IF* it's been changed then that would rule that out...

Be interested to hear what happens, I had a similar problem with a vailant ecotec, it had new pcb, fan and gas valve installed and it was still doing it, flue was taken apart and closely inspected, CO levels were really high but no sooting inside heat exchanger, vailant tec help didnt have a clue, spent ages on the phone with them

In the end boiler was scraped

Board stats or gas valve would be my first port of call. Couldn't see the flue causing them issues, if anything it would light and create a poor flame picture with a flue issue

It was the gas valve. 20-30min & after 24 days of NO heating or hot water she was running like a dream.

One very happy custard

Thanks for the advise lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28CDI RSF combi low flame in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock