Discuss Worcester 25Si or 30Si? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darnok

Being in a need of a compact boiler, I ordered a Worcester 25Si for my 2 bed (6 radiator) house. However 30Si was delivered instead and re-ordering will delay installation and subsequent jobs. Can anyone voice an opinion on disadvantages of going with a more powerful boiler? 25Si and 30Si have the almost the same specs, 30Si has better DHW Flow Rate and Output BTU/H, hence I presume is more power hungry. Will that make a big difference to heating bills? Is there anything else I need to worry about?

Many thanks!

If I was you and the flow rates, pressures etc were all ok I would thinking what a touch ive had. hang onto it - it modulates so wont kill your bank account

As above - you have had a result. Keep hold of the 30SI and say nothing. It will have no measurable effect on your heating bills, but your hot water performance will be better.

Now buy a lottery ticket, and chat up that blonde at work you've fancied for aged. Luck comes in threes.

If it cost you the same as the 25si as suggested count your lucky stars!

Being in a need of a compact boiler, I ordered a Worcester 25Si for my 2 bed (6 radiator) house. However 30Si was delivered instead and re-ordering will delay installation and subsequent jobs. Can anyone voice an opinion on disadvantages of going with a more powerful boiler? 25Si and 30Si have the almost the same specs, 30Si has better DHW Flow Rate and Output BTU/H, hence I presume is more power hungry. Will that make a big difference to heating bills? Is there anything else I need to worry about?

Many thanks!

Fitted my first Worcestor in ages today,been fitting 3 Vaillants a week on a contract for almost 2 years,also a handfull of logics and the occasional Gloworm.Couldnt believe how installer unfreindly they are,and also flimsy plastic parts,from all accounts they are reliable but it felt like stepping out off an Audi,and climbing into a Fiat.This is only my personal view,some fitters swear by em,maybe ive been spoilt with things from the ''Fatherland''

As above - you have had a result. Keep hold of the 30SI and say nothing. It will have no measurable effect on your heating bills, but your hot water performance will be better.

Now buy a lottery ticket, and chat up that blonde at work you've fancied for aged. Luck comes in threes.

Know someone who wanted a 24kw combi and got a 38.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 25Si or 30Si? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, We may need to replace our boiler - the OLDER version Worcester Bosch 35Cdi (see images attached) Our home is a 1920's Semi 5 Bedrooms...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Evening all First off a big hello from a sparky to all you fellow Plumbers/Gas Engineers out there. I'm not here to say who's better than who...
Replies
Views
O
Hi. Ive been very lucky that I haven't needed to turn my heating on yet, my new house seems to be better insulated than I thought. A colleague...
Replies
Views
OwenoWent
O
Q1). RAD above height of CH Boiler & Expansion Tank? IDEAL ELAN 2 RS30: Vented/Semi Gravity CH System? or feasibly this would prevent the CH...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
I have been trying to decide on what boiler to go for - I think my head is about to explode - but I have to make a decision. Some background - I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock