Search the forum,

Discuss Which Worcester Bosch Boiler For Our Home? Please Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

A very happy new year to all!

I just wish to express to very sincere & deep gratitude to all here for helping me out - I am so grateful & have learned quite a bit!

A special thanks to Matchless.plumb/Ron for really being a top bloke & for the consistent help & advice given - Ron, I would be more than happy to buy you a beer or few - just let me know when!

Due to the extreme pressure we were under at being without hot water over the Xmas/New Year period & with lack of availability of plumbers during this period & that we could not really wait much longer - we finally made a choice!

I had some installers come round from Valiant/Viessman etc but some of their install quotes were just eye wateringly high tbh. Maybe it was a seasonal thing - I do not know.

Initially, I was deeply considering the Valiant 938 (as very strongly recommended by Ron) & the Viessmann 111-W each of which have in built storage tanks at 20L & 46L respectively.

It was a very close call but I was at the mercy of time & installer availability as well as finding one who would install at a reasonable cost.

As things turned out, I was able to get a very good deal on a Viessmann 222-F Boiler with the built in 130L Tank as recommended earlier here but had to act quickly to secure it so I went ahead. I also was able to finally find a Viessmann Trained Installer who is also Gas Safe Registered who gave me a much more reasonable install quote compared to others.

Unfortunately Ron, I just could not wait for your return from Germany as I was getting just too much grief from the others in the house otherwise I would have loved for you to give a quote/do the install.

I was able to get the 222-F with Weather Compensation for really not much more than a 111-W or 938 & even with the install costs added, it was still working out cheaper than the quotes I had for the 111-W & 938 and since we had the space to accommodate the 222-F decided to go for it as we just could not wait any longer.

Thanks again deeply to all who have helped me & to Matchless.plumb/Ron, I am sorry I did not go with the Valliant 938 you very kindly & honestly steered me to but I hope you can forgive me & still feel I have got a good boiler & a good deal?

Many Kind Thanks,
Bazzy!

Great pic the 222 is the best of the best

Any install pics ?

Hi Bazzy,
I wish you all the best and don’t you worry about not giving me the opportunity. I am happy you came on here and we all couldn’t be a very good help to you. We are happy that someone comes back and gives a detailed update which is quite rare. However, you have choosen a top Boiler to be fair you cannot go wrong with either one of them. I would be delighted to get some updates from you when the install has finished! Thank you for letting us all know and good luck for the installation Bazzy! Thank you for offering the beer but I do not drink any type of alcohol :) but it is much appreciate it. We are happy to help !!!

Reply to Which Worcester Bosch Boiler For Our Home? Please Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock