Discuss will the joists and flooring take the weight of a corner bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony Watling

I have been asked to fit a corner bath for a client but I am not sure if the joist in hes bathroom will be man enough?
I am investegateing the sizes but I think they will be about 3 x 2.

yeh, i think it will be perfectly fine, go for it

disclamier: fuzzy

What size is the bath and what is the water capacity? The very fact that its in the corner is a help as its tight to the wall.

This will tell you what they SHOULD be:

tech2.html

If they are under sized ot r you are unsure you could always coach bolt steel plates through or double up the joists

mate if in doubt run extra timbers under the legs like ud do on a chip bourd floor or 18mm ply and spread the load floor joists are normally
5 by 2 at the least if your close to the wall its more stable as well

your havin a laugh.

is the bath going in the shed?.

no way will joists be done in 3x2!!!

stand 4 people in the corner and tell them to jump, if it takes that then it will take a bath. lath some timbers accross the top to make more rigid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to will the joists and flooring take the weight of a corner bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock