Search the forum,

Discuss will the joists and flooring take the weight of a corner bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony Watling

I have been asked to fit a corner bath for a client but I am not sure if the joist in hes bathroom will be man enough?
I am investegateing the sizes but I think they will be about 3 x 2.

yeh, i think it will be perfectly fine, go for it

disclamier: fuzzy

What size is the bath and what is the water capacity? The very fact that its in the corner is a help as its tight to the wall.

This will tell you what they SHOULD be:

tech2.html

If they are under sized ot r you are unsure you could always coach bolt steel plates through or double up the joists

mate if in doubt run extra timbers under the legs like ud do on a chip bourd floor or 18mm ply and spread the load floor joists are normally
5 by 2 at the least if your close to the wall its more stable as well

your havin a laugh.

is the bath going in the shed?.

no way will joists be done in 3x2!!!

stand 4 people in the corner and tell them to jump, if it takes that then it will take a bath. lath some timbers accross the top to make more rigid.

its the same as putting a elephant on a tree branch and expecting it to hold

thanks for all your comments I will see in due coarse the actual joist sizes and take things from there.

Ive worked on a few old terraced houses in Derby where the joists were 3x2 in the bathroom we had to surface mount five pipes along the walls, it looked realllllly nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to will the joists and flooring take the weight of a corner bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I am building a wetroom from scratch, i am a very experienced plumber and bathroom fitter but amazingly have never been asked to do a wetroom before - I have watched a lot of videos on the subject and am happy to pay for and use a tray however it occurs to me that I am building a...
Replies
Views
Long time listener, first time caller. I am finishing my basement but the one area I lack confidence is plumbing. I am looking to verify if what I have planned is acceptable. Framing is complete - The bathroom wall shares a wall with a wet bar on the other side. I have a 2" stack coming...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock