Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Wickes monobloc Mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Help needed please. Can anyone enlighten me how to access the cartridge/valve on Wickes Kumai monobloc kitchen sink mixer taps. I have looked everywhere on the taps for an allen type screw to enable me to remove the cartridge/valve cover. The last mixer tap I had there was a allen type screw on the actual cover to the rear. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your reply snowhead. I have unscrewed the pegs and taken them off but can’t actually see any retaining screw.

Are you sure there isn't a grub screw with a hex key head on it? They can be quite hard to see if a bit inaccessible. Maybe try a few allen keys in there carefully (as in avoid head stripping if slightly to small a size selected) and see if anything bites.

Just a guess but, Have you tried unscrewing the peg that forms part of the handle.

It's the same tap as BENCHMARX / chantilly 546822 apparently, instructions at bottom of linked page;

https://benchmarx-kitchens.scene7.c...bloc-Sink-Mixer-Chrome~GPID_1010013568_TECH_0

Did you already know that its the same tap as Benchmark one or is there a secret trick to finding this out? Wickes can be particularly crap at putting instructions online for their own brand stuff.

Thanks for your reply snowhead. I have unscrewed the pegs and taken them off but can’t actually see any retaining screw.

look at snows link pg 2 item no 3 defo a grub screw

Did you already know that its the same tap as Benchmark one or is there a secret trick to finding this out?

First line I posted was a guess.

Then I Googled and found a reference on Ebay, then Googled the Benchmarknumber;

MODERN MONOBLOC KITCHEN SINK MIXER TAP CHROME 360 DEGREE SWIVEL SPOUT DUAL LEVER | eBay

WICKES / Kumai 173898
BENCHMARX / chantilly 546822
TP / iflo kisdon 177007

If someone Googles Wickes Kumai in the future, after the Search engine Bots have crawled around, they'll probably end up on this post.

Last edited:

Reply to Wickes monobloc Mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the...
Replies
Views
W
I have an Moretti Aria monobloc kitchen tap with solid tap heads and no grub screws on the tap body. How do I gain access to change the cartridges...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock