Search the forum,

Discuss Wickes monobloc Mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Help needed please. Can anyone enlighten me how to access the cartridge/valve on Wickes Kumai monobloc kitchen sink mixer taps. I have looked everywhere on the taps for an allen type screw to enable me to remove the cartridge/valve cover. The last mixer tap I had there was a allen type screw on the actual cover to the rear. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your reply snowhead. I have unscrewed the pegs and taken them off but can’t actually see any retaining screw.

Are you sure there isn't a grub screw with a hex key head on it? They can be quite hard to see if a bit inaccessible. Maybe try a few allen keys in there carefully (as in avoid head stripping if slightly to small a size selected) and see if anything bites.

Just a guess but, Have you tried unscrewing the peg that forms part of the handle.

It's the same tap as BENCHMARX / chantilly 546822 apparently, instructions at bottom of linked page;

https://benchmarx-kitchens.scene7.c...bloc-Sink-Mixer-Chrome~GPID_1010013568_TECH_0

Did you already know that its the same tap as Benchmark one or is there a secret trick to finding this out? Wickes can be particularly crap at putting instructions online for their own brand stuff.

Thanks for your reply snowhead. I have unscrewed the pegs and taken them off but can’t actually see any retaining screw.

look at snows link pg 2 item no 3 defo a grub screw

Did you already know that its the same tap as Benchmark one or is there a secret trick to finding this out?

First line I posted was a guess.

Then I Googled and found a reference on Ebay, then Googled the Benchmarknumber;

MODERN MONOBLOC KITCHEN SINK MIXER TAP CHROME 360 DEGREE SWIVEL SPOUT DUAL LEVER | eBay

WICKES / Kumai 173898
BENCHMARX / chantilly 546822
TP / iflo kisdon 177007

If someone Googles Wickes Kumai in the future, after the Search engine Bots have crawled around, they'll probably end up on this post.

Last edited:

Reply to Wickes monobloc Mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock