Discuss Why such a huge pressure drop in gas to boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Just fitted a Worcester 38cdi. Ive run 15m of 28mm with 9 bends and im getting a 5mb drop from the meter to the boiler. Ive connected to a 22mm union on the meter and stepped up to 28mm, then used a Worcester own top feed kit to feed pipes behind boiler which is about 1.5m of 22mm.
Is my maths wrong. Is it the meter union or the Worcester behind boiler kit.
Any ideas appreciated. Ta.

Or allow the specd drop think it's around 4mbar

2.5 through the gas valve 1.5 on the pipe

The gas meter reads 21mb in engineers mode and im testing 16mb at the inlet pressure on gas valve. Does the 22mm union on the gas meter make a difference?
You need to cut a test point into the gas pipe before the gas valve right below the boiler mate. You will find that you probably have 20/19 at this point

I've just worked it out & I get, 15m of 28mm with 9 elbows = 0.42 mB Pressure Drop & 1.5 m of 22mm with 1 swept bend = 0.13 mB Pressure Drop. Total PD 0.42 + 0.13 = 0.55 mB PD. from meter to appliance. Well within the maximum allowed 1mB pressure drop on pipework only. What did you work it out to? I bet if you cut in your own test point you will get roughly a 0.5 mB pressure drop, unless you have some debris in your pipework and it is partially blocked.

I always run plenty of solder but not that much. I'm fitting the test with a compression tee under boiler hope it fits the pre-plumb kit. I had to a bit of a run around visiting several merchants to get the right fittings.

Cutting the test tee into Worcester's premade boiler connections below the boiler was relatively easy, just removed gas control and squeezed it in. I disconnected the pipework first both ends and connected a hoover, cant tell what it pulled out, probably loft insulation, wood chip and spiders but the pressure drop is down to 0.75mb, so happy days. Thanks.

Reply to Why such a huge pressure drop in gas to boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock