Discuss Why such a huge pressure drop in gas to boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Just fitted a Worcester 38cdi. Ive run 15m of 28mm with 9 bends and im getting a 5mb drop from the meter to the boiler. Ive connected to a 22mm union on the meter and stepped up to 28mm, then used a Worcester own top feed kit to feed pipes behind boiler which is about 1.5m of 22mm.
Is my maths wrong. Is it the meter union or the Worcester behind boiler kit.
Any ideas appreciated. Ta.

Or allow the specd drop think it's around 4mbar

2.5 through the gas valve 1.5 on the pipe

I've just worked it out & I get, 15m of 28mm with 9 elbows = 0.42 mB Pressure Drop & 1.5 m of 22mm with 1 swept bend = 0.13 mB Pressure Drop. Total PD 0.42 + 0.13 = 0.55 mB PD. from meter to appliance. Well within the maximum allowed 1mB pressure drop on pipework only. What did you work it out to? I bet if you cut in your own test point you will get roughly a 0.5 mB pressure drop, unless you have some debris in your pipework and it is partially blocked.

Reply to Why such a huge pressure drop in gas to boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock