Discuss Which Make Of Electric Shower & Power Output To Choose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodbine

I need to replace my 8.5 kw electric shower. The market seems to be split between Triton, Mira and Redring.

Redring showers seem to offer good value, and a 3 year guarantee. Do the pros on this site have any brand/model preferences (mid priced) concerning performance and reliability?

Also, is it worth upping the power to 9.5kw?

Many thanks.

I need to replace my 8.5 kw electric shower. The market seems to be split between Triton, Mira and Redring.

Redring showers seem to offer good value, and a 3 year guarantee. Do the pros on this site have any brand/model preferences (mid priced) concerning performance and reliability?

Also, is it worth upping the power to 9.5kw?

Many thanks.
if your happy with the flow rate you have no point upgrading especialy as it may mean rewiring in heavier cable 1kw will only give about a quarter of a litre per minute more flow
no preference realy there all much of a much from what ive seen

yep, pick what you like the look of as they are all quality brands you get what you pay for

As for the increase in to 9.5 as mentioned you will need to upgrade the wiring to 10mm cable which will increase your installation costs

Make it simple pop another 8.5 from one of the mentioned brands and your away

I'd give the Redring a miss. Triton and Mira both excellent, be careful, they do budget ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Make Of Electric Shower & Power Output To Choose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock