Search the forum,

Discuss Which forms?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just recieved a Corgi form set which I purchased from Ebay (Corgidirect), Contains cp1,cp12,cp14,cp19 &hs2 for £35 inc delivery. Then I reads in the gas safe mag that only gas safe forms are to be used. Website info says forms are legally compliant, but was wondering what you all reckon....... Are they ok to use or are we all going to be paying gas safe for their paperwork etc?

Do they display the CORGI logo? What about the Gas Safe logo?

GSR are getting their knickers in a twist with using the CORGI logo in conjunction with 'registration'.

The forms produced by CORGI and being sold on CORGI Direct display the GSR logo rather than their own.

These I've got just have the corgi logo, wonder if it's old stock?! Got a book of forms from B.E.S. and they don't have the gas safe logo on the forms either, just on the front cover

I recently had a gas safe inspection and I proudly showed the inspector my certs I got from gassafedirect, turns out gassafedirect have nout to do with gas safe and don't have permission to use the the GSR logo on the certs, yet all fitters I know use them, inspector told me HSE are in the throws of taking legal action against gassafedirect so I,d stick with the corgi ones for now..

Ben

Does it matter the logo
I thought it was the info written that matters???

Got my inspection on Thurs morning so i'll ask the man. I would have thought as long as the form contains all the relevant information it don't matter who makes em!

Does it matter the logo
I thought it was the info written that matters???

Bingo! So long as it has the required information & checks, it shouldn't matter whether it's written on a beer mat, much less the logo.

It's not as if these old CORGI logo'd forms are in continuous production. They will eventually run out (says she with just one pad left :) )

Got my inspection on Thurs morning so i'll ask the man. I would have thought as long as the form contains all the relevant information it don't matter who makes em!

Do you know who your inspector is ?

there is a legal requirement to test and record certain info depending on what is being done, so you can clearly write the relevant info on blank A4 sheets if you want, CORGI inspectors always said they "preferred" CORGI forms as the format and layout is clear and concise and contains all legal requirements and couldnt comment on other makes, which is a cute way of squeezing us to buy CORGI paperwork, every version contains the correct info so buy the cheapest or print your own from an excel spreadsheet, nobody can demand you use certain forms, CP1, CP4, CP14 etc are generic CORGI terms and mean nothing

How did your inpection go leelister6 ?

Went well thanks, Graham was pretty thorough but that was to be expected. Went to 2 jobs, a cooker install and an ILFE service and he was happy with everything

there is a legal requirement to test and record certain info depending on what is being done, so you can clearly write the relevant info on blank A4 sheets if you want, CORGI inspectors always said they "preferred" CORGI forms as the format and layout is clear and concise and contains all legal requirements and couldnt comment on other makes, which is a cute way of squeezing us to buy CORGI paperwork, every version contains the correct info so buy the cheapest or print your own from an excel spreadsheet, nobody can demand you use certain forms, CP1, CP4, CP14 etc are generic CORGI terms and mean nothing

Hi Kirk,

can you please give me a bit more of an idea how you would print your own gas certs using excel? The reason im asking is then how we gonna get the duplicate copies? Or do you just photocopy the main one and distribute that to whoever wants it.....can it work this way also?
I know this question sounds a bit daft but id rather ask on open forum than have it lingering in my brains.
cheers

Hi Kirk,

can you please give me a bit more of an idea how you would print your own gas certs using excel? The reason im asking is then how we gonna get the duplicate copies? Or do you just photocopy the main one and distribute that to whoever wants it.....can it work this way also?
I know this question sounds a bit daft but id rather ask on open forum than have it lingering in my brains.
cheers

the most basic way to do it, is to have one done on excel or similar, use carbon paper get the tenant to sign it, or either copy one on a bed scanner/printer, or send them one later, if you do them on a tablet (it needs to be signed and saved as pdf), you can get the tenant to sign the tablet, then email both the landlord and tenant their copy (legally you have 28 days to get it to the tenant, landlord will want a copy before paying you) TBH it cost about £0.20 per 3 part pre-printed form, so i dont think it is viable to send the tenant a copy, but the point i was making is that you do not need to buy anything from anybody, the legal bit is testing and recording certain info , in anyway you want, the tablet or handheld pda is superb as you dont have any paper (unless tenant doent have computer, you must send them one, if you are lucky the landlord might send them a copy (if you are cute and say it might look better coming from the landlord or it proves to the landlord that the job was done etc) or they might chase you and tell you it is part of the job, 99% of tenants dont care about the cert so you could wait until you get pulled for the 1% then send to them "it must have got lost in the post"

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo! So long as it has the required information & checks, it shouldn't matter whether it's written on a beer mat, much less the logo.

It's not as if these old CORGI logo'd forms are in continuous production. They will eventually run out (says she with just one pad left :) )

Gas Safe have no rights to dictate which forms you use. Providing the forms have the correct information you can use any form you like.

I can understand them getting upset about the old CORGI Gas logo, because of mixed messages for public perseption, but thats their problem not yours.

Gas Safe have no rights to dictate which forms you use. Providing the forms have the correct information you can use any form you like.

I can understand them getting upset about the old CORGI Gas logo, because of mixed messages for public perseption, but thats their problem not yours.

I agree with you!

Somewhere, in something that GSR produced (can't remember where I read it) they appeared to imply that Trading Standards could be called upon if you used the CORGI logo'd forms.

Why waste your money buying forms from £orgi? Anything that has the correct information on it will do nicely.
No requirement for:
Logos
Serial numbers
Specific format.
You can preprint them yourself and fill out by hand.
You can use a template on your computer, fill in the details on your computer, and just print them off. I do it this way on the rare occasion that I do a lgsc, and it costs me £1 per 50 certs this way.
And yes, I did verify this with GSR.

Somewhere, they appeared to imply that Trading Standards could be called upon if you used the CORGI logo'd forms.
Appeared to imply that it could be possible that TS would be contacted.
You'd have a hard job stating something that is more meaningless.

If you are for some bizarre reason inclined to pay corgi for a membership even now they've been booted, you can use their logo in anyway you see fit without GSR, TS, or anyone else being able to do anything about it, as long as corgi are happy with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why waste your money buying forms from £orgi? Anything that has the correct information on it will do nicely.
No requirement for:
Logos
Serial numbers
Specific format.
You can preprint them yourself and fill out by hand.
You can use a template on your computer, fill in the details on your computer, and just print them off. I do it this way on the rare occasion that I do a lgsc, and it costs me £1 per 50 certs this way.
And yes, I did verify this with GSR.

Hit the nail on the head. We work under the gas safety (installation & use) regulations. The only part that requires a record is reg 36 LGSR. Having said that reg 26(9) goes on about reporting any unsafe situation to the responsible person for the premises. So cover the bum and do a record of your findings. It does not say use a CORGI or Gas Safe form let alone anyone elses. Good practice though is record what you did and the format of the original CORGI form was approved by the HSE so what ever form you use is OK as long as you follow the information on the old CORGI forms.
I made up my own forms following the old CORGI format using electronic versions on read only basis. Costs me nothing other than the time to create them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which forms?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock