Discuss where can I drain microbore open system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mscg

all rads have no drain points as flow/ return pipes enter/exit on same side of rad - any ideas?

all rads have no drain points as flow/ return pipes enter/exit on same side of rad - any ideas?

youll have to close the valve and drain the rad into a suitable receptacle
then connect a hose to the valve and drain through that
you may find a tube attched to the valve internally that spreads the flow around the rad these normally just pull of
you may have to drain each rad downstairs seperatly if the pipework drops from above
alternatively you may be able to drain from the boiler or if its sealed via the saftey valve /preasure relief valve depends on the setup you have

thanks - the rad valve only apppears to shut off one of the two microbore pipes entering the rad. there is a drain off on the back off the boiler - should I therefore isolate the header tank and drain down or is there a quicker way

why do you want to drain down,not a good idea on micro bore,could you freeze to isolate?

Just curious, why is it not a good idea to drain down a microbore system?
Thanks in advance for any info.

air locks pipework usualy has multiple dips in it these fill up with disturbed sludge then hard to refill.i class microbore along with chaffotau boilers only fit for the skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where can I drain microbore open system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock