Discuss what van do you drive???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

boblydon

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just curiuos as to what is the most common van that gas fitters use, here in Newcastle fords seem very popular.

I have a merc vito which i cant fault, i have had it since new (3.5years) and not had any problems with it, cant see the point in spending 22k on a new one, plus i dont want another 3 years of debt.

So what is every one driving around in??

Jivaro much more efficient when on the road. Tranny is the standard. we have high top sprinters but they love the rain and salt brown love marks all over after 5 years. Like vw don't like vw prices.

I'm not sure what's goin on with mercedes... There supposed to be a premium brand but I see alot of 2006 type years covered in rust :0 would put me off one forever

I really need to give it a wash and tidy up

commer.jpg

I've seen 3 year old mercedes vitos with more rust than that...

It actually looks like a good sized plumbing van that one lol!

I'm just getting my first van since going solo, thinking of a caddy would like to go kombi but probably end up with maxi, any ideas on where to source racking?
Cheers

I use a land rover defender which has just let me down.. so I went out to buy a van and a whole day scouring the dealers came up with nothing so I am... vanless :(

Whats up with defender? Im in a 110 td5 hardtop, its a love/hate relationship!lol. But wouldn't be in anything else. Something packs up now and again but parts always cheap enough and easy to change myself. I've saved loads on travel costs since i bought it.

well its needed a few new parts and ive just done one wheel bearing, not it needs another..
worst thing is that the rear of the chassis needs some welding before it will go through an MOT..

its juicy to drive, around 22mpg and a van like a dispatch 1.9D is what I have my eye on.

its a love / hate relationship for sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what van do you drive???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back