Search the forum,

Discuss what van do you drive???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

boblydon

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just curiuos as to what is the most common van that gas fitters use, here in Newcastle fords seem very popular.

I have a merc vito which i cant fault, i have had it since new (3.5years) and not had any problems with it, cant see the point in spending 22k on a new one, plus i dont want another 3 years of debt.

So what is every one driving around in??

Transit jumbo 350, 125ps
too big too fast (120mph) = 3 points.lol.

Willing to sell or swap for smaller?.

Vw caddy its an old nail and does 0 to 60 in about a minute . Got it after last winter killed my old van and needed a new van quick . ÂŁ100 worth had 4 months tax and 6 months mot cant fault it other than its sooooo slow.

Same for me VW Caddy, just a bit new got it new in Jan

Killed me last van ages ago so currently still using me Lexus, still toying with the idea of getting a tipper but, the ones I want you cant buy fer 300 quid!!!

IMG_0667.jpg

My current ride.

2010 T5 Kombi.

Ive got my 2 year old Vivaro, kind of racked out but still loses stuff to the floor if I take a bend too fast. Cant fault it yet, but Ive been advised to expect some things to start going.

i drive a fiat doblo 1.3 jtd very nice good on fuel and quick

Got a Vitoria as well mob so the spare goes underneath. Paid for in September thank god 70k on it 56 plate hopefully get another 100k before I need a change

Got a VW transporter 1.9 102bhp 58plate ,good van is just they could have done a bit more to make it more sound prove !

56 reg berlingo. Its a smallish van but does me for what I need. I have not a had a moments trouble out of it.

Ford transit connect 03 plate 163000 miles,,, need a new 1 and a bigger 1, what are the best deals on new vans / leasing / finance,/ what are the best, been looking at vivaros traffics and transits or transporters

Vivaro 55 plate spot on and use mi landie (sandy) when i go to farsm or weathers bad whilst other gas / plumbers are trying to get up hils , i did pull a hgv at the start of the year up a huge hill , well it was friday and it was the beer wagon so i couldnt just leave him

Astravan until it left most of its oil on a customers drive

Now got a ford connect - quite pleased with the extra room but it's much slower than the astra.

Peugeot expert 2.0 hdi 120bhp 2003 goes like poo of a shovel not bad on diesel either

citroen relay great for space,had nothing but problems,03 plate,not sure what to get next time(2 years time)

VW Caddy 104TDI, best van ive owned so far, just got 60mpg out of it the other day fully loaded

Last edited:
028.jpg 2008 vw t5 swb
Remapped to 135bhp, lowered 55mm v-maxx coilovers, 18" sportline load rated wheels & tyres.
Lots more to do, lovin it !!!

That's one helluva roof box you've got there!!

Nice van.

Mine's a humble Transit but with an engine that's powerful enough to do wheelies ...

Vw caddy its an old nail and does 0 to 60 in about a minute . Got it after last winter killed my old van and needed a new van quick . ÂŁ100 worth had 4 months tax and 6 months mot cant fault it other than its sooooo slow.
if it looks anything like this, i take my hat off to you :D

Vw-Caddy-Conserving-More-Fuel-Efficient-Engines-And-New-Design.jpg

Some nice vans mentioned there, mine is a black Vito sport limited edition with all the toys you could wish for. I also had the ECU remapped, as standard it has the 150bhp engine the remap now gives it 175bhp.....it's like **** off a shovel.

Got me a 54 reg Vauxhall Combo 1.7 Di. got 104k miles and never had any problems with it other than the fact its now to small for all the gear i have, been looking for a bigger van for months now. im just to picky hehe.

Problem i would have with a bigger van is i would just carry more ****e in it.

Problem i would have with a bigger van is i would just carry more ****e in it.

Thats the same as me. When I worked on the books at a firm I had a vivaro and filled it up with things that I knew I would never use. Now I have my own smaller van it was suprising how much stuff you can loose from your van and still do your job properly.

I give the van the once over every couple of weeks and try and make whats in there smaller so I am carrying less - I think I'll just be walking into properties with a hammer soon if I'm not careful. LOL

i have a VW T5 transporter SWB 06 plate.

i would not fit alloys cus i like driving over gardens, footpaths and building sites.

Some nice vans mentioned there, mine is a black Vito sport limited edition with all the toys you could wish for. I also had the ECU remapped, as standard it has the 150bhp engine the remap now gives it 175bhp.....it's like **** off a shovel.

That's probably faster then my 2.2 DTi Vectra - but then I think that's slow compared to my 2 wheeled toy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what van do you drive???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock