Search the forum,

Discuss what type of flux in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheff paul

As the title says whats your favourite flux,personally prefer yorkshire traditional on seen work,and Laco anywhere else.

Love a good old bit of ever flux :) red lid is laco

I always use powerflow, it was used by the guy who taught everything I know so I have never considered using anything else. Are there cheaper alternatives?

Apparently power flow is the one, but for the extra price of it I'd take lack every time.

Laco for me.
the bloke I was an apprentice to used fluxite! Wes like axle grease.

shopping.jpg been using this for a year, doesnt leave a horrible green gunk and clean hands, no leaks so luv it.

Ever flux, best flux in the world.

If it wasn't true then they wouldn't be allowed to put it on the tub :)

Use bum center own brand . Same as yellow tub but 65% cheaper.

Used to use laco but harder to get pipes shining have dazzling fittings !

As I've said before I like power flow especially as when soldering outside in the snow once and found laco burned off before the pipe even got warm.

Power flow doesn't burn so quick so gives pipe a chance to heat up. It's all I use now.

And yes it can stick on 15mm. Always seems ok on 22mm upwards.

And same reason as above when heating 28mm pipe the flux doesn't burn as quick as laco would

Anyone ever used the fernox flux that comes in a blue tub and is like marmalade in colour but has the texture of thick frying pan grease. It's horrible stuff all round.

Powerflow - 16.5%
Laco - 38.6%
Everflux - 44.9%

Personally i start itching looking at the blue lid knowing what is coming when i open it.

Laco blackens the pipe more but wipes off easily. If you are burning it dump the mapp gas.

Grease based fluxes (traditional Yorkshire or Fluxite) are what I use & they are not very corrosive plus the solder flows well. Copper needs cleaned fairly well if using it.
All those cuttings of copper you find lying around that someone had put Everflux or similar flux on them & then not used because they had made a mistake, are seriously corroded, as is pipework below soldered joints if not cleaned after soldering. That's why I hate the stuff.

I'm a Laco man myself, used to use Powerflow but got fed up with it binding on fittings and ending up ruining a 90 bend cos it wouldn't spin a couple of degrees

Not sure about the flux that Lame uses, looks like its made by rectumseal! or are my eyes playing up again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what type of flux in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock