Search the forum,

Discuss What shower unit to replace a broken Mira Sport 8.5kW? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stuart234

Hi,

I have a Mira Sport shower 8.5 kW version (92-98 model I believe) and it has died and needs replacing. The water feed is from behind the unit in the top left corner. Electrics from behind the unit on the bottom left corner.

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement unit that can use the water and electric inputs in their current position without the need for modification, as this would make installing the new shower easier.

I guess I'm looking for something similar to the Mira Sport we are replacing. People seem to say nice things about Mira showers, so I guess I would lean towards them.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Stuart.

Ring. Mira they will tell you what is a match!
I prefer miras too bit pricey but good

Theres alot of universal showers around at the minute if you dont want to pay mira sport prices. Easiest thing is get on the web and look at manuals. As an installer i tend to recommend mira or Triton though if possible. Bristan have a range of cheap universal showers on the market, ment to be ok.

Hi,

I have a Mira Sport shower 8.5 kW version (92-98 model I believe) and it has died and needs replacing. The water feed is from behind the unit in the top left corner. Electrics from behind the unit on the bottom left corner.

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement unit that can use the water and electric inputs in their current position without the need for modification, as this would make installing the new shower easier.

I guess I'm looking for something similar to the Mira Sport we are replacing. People seem to say nice things about Mira showers, so I guess I would lean towards them.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Stuart.

Snip:- (cut and paste in browser, or highlight and select open link)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8336233.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=tsid:11527|cc:|prd:8336233|cat:garden+and+diy+%2F+home+improvements+%2F+bathroom+showers%2C+taps+and+accessories+%2F+electric+showers+%2F

Last edited by a moderator:
I did pop down B&Q to look at the showers and I'd decided on the Mira Sprint... but the Mira Play looks good as well and is cheaper.

Thanks for taking the time to look, it's much appreciated. I'll see what Mira have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What shower unit to replace a broken Mira Sport 8.5kW? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock