Discuss What is this fitting called? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I had to replace a perished washer in my toilet cistern and I had to remove the cistern from the toilet itself. In the process of detaching the water pipe I had to unscrew a white plastic cowling / covering and it has slid down the pipe and now I can't move it back upwards to re-secure(!).

I think I have two options, either live with it there and get a new one, or work out a way to release it and move it back upwards.

Can someone please tell me what this cowling / covering is called? I've circled it in red in the picture. I can then maybe buy a new one to replace.

Or, is there an easy to 'release' it from its current position and move it back upwards? Brute force doesn't seem to be working.

All help appreciated! šŸ˜

Thanks

Attachments

• Pipe.jpg
    Pipe.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 13
You got two little flat screwdrivers ?

Put the screwdrivers Between the iso valve top nut and the white collar one each side and lift up

Ok, great. Thanks for the tip.

Out of interest, what is the plastic fitting called?

not called anything as they donā€™t sell them separately

I think you have a tap connector

eg JG Speedfit Plastic Push-Fit Straight Tap Connectors 15mm x Ā½ - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/jg-speedfit-plastic-push-fit-straight-tap-connectors-15mm-x-5-pack/48168

Reply to What is this fitting called? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, hope all is well! Iā€™ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. Iā€™m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Random push fit pipe with no end on near toilet ,would this be leading to anywhere shower etc think it is connected to a longer pipe headed toward...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock