Search the forum,

Discuss What hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mickplumb

Hi all,wondered what your thoughts are on what hot water system to install.
new large house with 5 showers and 2 baths,got to allow for worst case scenario possibly 3 showers running simultaneously,
still waiting to find out what mains pressure and flow rate available when visit site,

Thanks gasman what is your view on accumulators

They can work well, the manufactures have great info so contact them. They are designed, i believe, to keep a steady dynamic pressure ie pressure and flow rate. This helps if the the dynamic pressure fluctuates at peak times.

If during peak times the the pressure drops to 1,5 bar but during off peak its 4 bar. then the home owner will be able to store x amount of cold water at 4 bar until its used up

Not sure what pressure is like ,but most of the taps and showers the developer uses are European requiring high pressure and I know most unvented tanks reduce down to 3 bar ,thought about a tws mains boost twin ,but never fitted one .l

Ive heard tws are good.

Need to work out required flow rates and pressures from all the taps/showers that will run at the same time to rate size of cylinder and accumulator if need, plus what flow rate and pressure are they getting from their cold mains at peak and off peak times

Yes most multifunction valves have a pressure reducer and balanced cold

3 showers at once is a lot of water, study site conditions ( flow rates and pressures), then decide the way forward, unvented is best, 250 litres will struggle with three showers, talk to customer with their priorities, may need to split system, depending on plant space available.

Thank guy for advice will get spec for sanitary ware and go from there :computer:

Cascade some sl cylinders , incoming mains ain't going to cope if it's a 25! Would be looking 32mm or above. Or a mammoth if your custard loaded get ACV jumbo! About 5000l in first 60 seconds without breaking a sweat! Or if in a budget 3 main multi point bf or ff !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock