Search the forum,

Discuss What flue gas analyser should I get? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

DGT plumbing

Gas Engineer
Asking opinions, thinking of getting a new gas analyser. Currently have a Anton Sprint V2. It's getting on a bit now and was thinking do I get another Anton as I have already got the accessories or do I get something complete different and if different what do other people use or recommend.

Asking opinions, thinking of getting a new gas analyser. Currently have a Anton Sprint V2. It's getting on a bit now and was thinking do I get another Anton as I have already got the accessories or do I get something complete different and if different what do other people use or recommend.
I would recommend testo but if you got all accessories you may be better off with anton. The question is how much do you want to invest and what would be the reason to change the brand? Any problems with the anton analysers?

I've been looking at the Testo as they have great reviews. Not sure why but I've lost trust in my Anton. It's due for a calibration but feel like the readings have been off for a while. Although Antons still get good reviews and then I wondering if the kit I've got is still compatable with a new analyser.

Had my Anton for 7 year and it's used frequently and still like brand new. Take care of all my kit. But when it does bite the dust then I will definitely just get a newer model. Although I do like the look of the Testo ones.

I had a Kane 458 (I think), which I was happy with until my van got stolen with it in, to save a bit of money I replaced it with a Kane 255 and it's fine for me, it has a smaller screen so you have to switch between ppm/ratio but that's hardly much effort. The only think I wish it had was room for two temperature probes/clamps rather than one, but you can get a temperature thing on Amazon for ÂŁ16

Ive got Anton currently but also had Testo before the legal requirement came in. Never had no real trouble with either

I was testo forever

Then got Soded off with the extra’s each calibration so went Anton just for the change

This was last Jan - Bluetooth option was just out and I had a few quid after the Christmas rush.

I got the Anton Pro 6 with gas sniffer, printer, temp clamps etc - most importantly for me it came WiFi - so I bought an android tablet and downloaded their Anton App.

I previously had Gas Engineer software - no need for it now. A recent update on the Anton App allows you to do a service maintenance record and you can send the analyser readings at Max, min and air intake m, directly to the cert.

The let-by, tightness, operating and other tests can all be saved in the customer folder !! I have yet to find an issue with it other than the app is not yet available for IPhone, but I’ve got used to the Samsung being in analyser bag - and my phone battery lasts to mid afternoon now instead of 10am

Hope this helps

Reply to What flue gas analyser should I get? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock