Search the forum,

Discuss What flue gas analyser should I get? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

DGT plumbing

Gas Engineer
Asking opinions, thinking of getting a new gas analyser. Currently have a Anton Sprint V2. It's getting on a bit now and was thinking do I get another Anton as I have already got the accessories or do I get something complete different and if different what do other people use or recommend.

Asking opinions, thinking of getting a new gas analyser. Currently have a Anton Sprint V2. It's getting on a bit now and was thinking do I get another Anton as I have already got the accessories or do I get something complete different and if different what do other people use or recommend.
I would recommend testo but if you got all accessories you may be better off with anton. The question is how much do you want to invest and what would be the reason to change the brand? Any problems with the anton analysers?

I've been looking at the Testo as they have great reviews. Not sure why but I've lost trust in my Anton. It's due for a calibration but feel like the readings have been off for a while. Although Antons still get good reviews and then I wondering if the kit I've got is still compatable with a new analyser.

Had my Anton for 7 year and it's used frequently and still like brand new. Take care of all my kit. But when it does bite the dust then I will definitely just get a newer model. Although I do like the look of the Testo ones.

I had a Kane 458 (I think), which I was happy with until my van got stolen with it in, to save a bit of money I replaced it with a Kane 255 and it's fine for me, it has a smaller screen so you have to switch between ppm/ratio but that's hardly much effort. The only think I wish it had was room for two temperature probes/clamps rather than one, but you can get a temperature thing on Amazon for ÂŁ16

Ive got Anton currently but also had Testo before the legal requirement came in. Never had no real trouble with either

I was testo forever

Then got Soded off with the extra’s each calibration so went Anton just for the change

This was last Jan - Bluetooth option was just out and I had a few quid after the Christmas rush.

I got the Anton Pro 6 with gas sniffer, printer, temp clamps etc - most importantly for me it came WiFi - so I bought an android tablet and downloaded their Anton App.

I previously had Gas Engineer software - no need for it now. A recent update on the Anton App allows you to do a service maintenance record and you can send the analyser readings at Max, min and air intake m, directly to the cert.

The let-by, tightness, operating and other tests can all be saved in the customer folder !! I have yet to find an issue with it other than the app is not yet available for IPhone, but I’ve got used to the Samsung being in analyser bag - and my phone battery lasts to mid afternoon now instead of 10am

Hope this helps

Reply to What flue gas analyser should I get? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
BUY A TPI DC710 FLUE GAS ANALYSER AND GET A FREE CORGI PLASTIC PIPE CUTTER OFFER EXPIRES FRIDAY 20TH MAY https://www.corgi-direct.com/tpi-flue-gas-analysers-18086-0000
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Anyone recommend a flue gas analyser. My old Kane needs a replacement and they all seem to have gone up in price. Someone suggested bluelyzer but I've never heard of them.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock