Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What electric shower brand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodolphe

Just finished my first full bathroom, tilin' and all. Yay.

It was finished a week ago, but for the fact that the Triton electric shower refused to get started. They sent someone out today who realised that it had been wired back to front at the factory. Easily fixed and the client is now happy.

But it does raise the question: do you guys have any history on reliability for the major brands of electric showers? Is there a brand that's know to be better than others or, like everything else, does it come down to personal preference?

I tend to recommend Mira to anyone who asks my opinion on electric showers. I honestly can't remember having had to replace any parts on them. Be interesting to hear what brand others prefer though because I almost have a blind loyalty to Mira.

Triton for me. Parts are easily sourced and they have a good customer service team.

Can't stand Mira, apart from their commercial range.

Fitted both Mira & Triton and would recommend both. Triton seem to be a pretty good option for retrofitting a lot of brands with there cheaper ranges benefiting from multiple water and cable entry points.

Fitted a Mira Jump 8.5kw last Friday was particular impressed with the swing over cable, really well thought, doddle to commission.

But I guess soemwere along the line the old adage "buy cheap, get cheap" is going to bite you in the butt sooner or later !

Fitted triton and mira.
Find that for higher kw ones, the mira are better.
Triton are very good showers though.

Mira for electric, Triton for pumped and Bristan or Mira for shower valves.

Always been a mira man, their electric showers perform best IMO. Used the triton tx80 too when budget is an issue. The aqualisa quartz seems okay too.

Cheapest Triton available as we are in a very hard water area. Without a water softener you get 1000 showers no matter what the quality then it is choked. If the customer will not spring for the softener there is no point going for anything else. Sticking with one brand helps on the swaps.

Triton ok.. Like very competitive in range can be cheap and cheerful.. All depending on your budget.
Mira I recommend all day
Bristan.. A pain in the arris esp with pcb issues

9cd17c67_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

Fitted a Bristan Glee 10.5kW three weeks ago. From start to finish in one day job done, explained to the customer to keep the box in case you have to return it if it falls as faulty. Get a call today the lcd digits aren't working.
This was the 3rd one I've installed of the make and all have had pcb issues.. Sos I'm imagining that's pcb again..
Ere we go Bristan engineers visit
Attractive looking units. But no presto

Yeah.. Tru..

Fitted a few now to give them a try. No issues with them at the mo.

Mira all day long, lost count of how many Mira advance and sport models I've fitted any only had a couple had to get the Mira engineer out on warranty problems.

No different from any other. Flushed out Start from cold good temperature rise etc..

Yup.. more mira.. never had any issues with none...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What electric shower brand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock