Search the forum,

Discuss what do you think of this install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
2.jpg1.jpgstuck right in the eaves pipes all run across in front of the boiler so you cant get in front of it to work as far as i can make out there is no low water pressure switch on boiler so not a good ide for top of the house you have to unscrew a panel just to get in lagged pipe work but not the fittings and theres a filter tucked in the pipe work with the flush out valve about an inch above the ceiling pipework is copper with plastic fittings can only get one hand over to the airvents and you cant unscrew them as they are into pushfit and just spin one handed so cant tell if they are open or shut
three years old was moved up from the cupboard below any guesses whose work it is and how much they charged?

rubbish

diy/non gas safe and 1k

There is such little space left in London, are boilers getting shoved into crawlspaces now with all the spiders?

Put a leaky ballofix valve in incase the the Aav leaks? I've been missing a trick all these years!

you can buy quality ones that dont leak,i also fit full bores to motorised valves,i will often be the one changing them

shaun,like me clearly does maintenance,build in a easy fix

you always need to think ahead, and how can i make this easier to either me or the next guy to change / fix

Not when you can swap them live!

swap them live with 70 dc water coming at you (mind you most dom places dont have auto fillers ;) , least once the pressures gone the water stops)

half a point for hammers yes bg fitted it 5k plus vat and the aavs have the auto shut offs under them you just have to lay on the unsupported pipework to reach them

Even with genuine balofix valves. After a few years on heating. As soon as you use them they pixx out. Then you have to drain down to fix a leak on a valve to fix the initial problem.!

half a point for hammers yes bg fitted it 5k plus vat and the aavs have the auto shut offs under them you just have to lay on the unsupported push fit jointed pipework to reach them

:D post it to bg twitter page and see what they say :D

Climbing over that un-clipped condense line to reach boiler seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

a night mare to work on i cant belive any boiler doesnt fail safe when the water runs outand the stupidity of choosing that model to go in a loft at the top of the house
thomson your righ its hanging in the breeze right where you want to lay to reach the boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what do you think of this install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock