Discuss what can i expect from a 'free boiler' installation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Flushing the whole system is usually a requirement of boiler manufacturers warranty.

From Pottertons T&C for Warranty claims,,

11.Boilers which have not been:
Installed and set up strictly in line with the installation instructions supplied with them
(including the requirement to clean the system and add corrosion inhibitor in line with BS7593:1992); or maintained strictly in line with the maintenance instructions supplied with them; or where parts other than Baxi Genuine Parts have been used in any service or repair; or where the Benchmark checklist has not been properly completed

Last edited:
Flushing the whole system is usually a requirement of boiler manufacturers warranty.

From Pottertons T&C for Warranty claims,,

11.Boilers which have not been:
Installed and set up strictly in line with the installation instructions supplied with them
(including the requirement to clean the system and add corrosion inhibitor in line with BS7593:1992); or maintained strictly in line with the maintenance instructions supplied with them; or where parts other than Baxi Genuine Parts have been used in any service or repair; or where the Benchmark checklist has not been properly completed

This is really useful to know.. I suspect any boiler supplier would require this. You wouldn't change a car engine and put the previous engine's used oil in it?.. apart from the YUK!

This is really useful to know.. I suspect any boiler supplier would require this. You wouldn't change a car engine and put the previous engine's used oil in it?.. apart from the YUK!

When a replacement boiler is installed manufacturers require the system to be flushed to honor the warranty and hopefully prevent premature problems caused by dirty systems. It doesn't matter whether its a gas boiler, or oil boiler etc the system should be flushed. Depending on the original install and the state of existing system a flush could be a few hours, or it could take a couple days if larger than usual or incredibly fouled.

When a replacement boiler is installed manufacturers require the system to be flushed to honor the warranty and hopefully prevent premature problems caused by dirty systems. It doesn't matter whether its a gas boiler, or oil boiler etc the system should be flushed. Depending on the original install and the state of existing system a flush could be a few hours, or it could take a couple days if larger than usual or incredibly fouled.
This is great information!

I suppose it's up to the installer, how he does this job..

Grateful..

It’s a fat cat industry these days and right at the bottom of the pile is the boiler fitter, who is doing most of the work and getting paid the least. The firm who dishes out the work will be squeezing as much as they can from the fitter, I heard on the grapevine that these guys were getting half a days money per fit, so massive corners needed to be cut by them to in order to earn a decent living, first thing to go was flushing, second thing commissioning because let’s face it, if you’ve commissioned one then they’re all the same..... ish 😉

It’s a fat cat industry these days and right at the bottom of the pile is the boiler fitter, who is doing most of the work and getting paid the least. The firm who dishes out the work will be squeezing as much as they can from the fitter, I heard on the grapevine that these guys were getting half a days money per fit, so massive corners needed to be cut by them to in order to earn a decent living, first thing to go was flushing, second thing commissioning because let’s face it, if you’ve commissioned one then they’re all the same... ish 😉

will just leave this here

Attachments

• C1720301-BDA3-4528-AA03-7D30E2BC7B3E.jpeg
    C1720301-BDA3-4528-AA03-7D30E2BC7B3E.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 48
will just leave this here
It's a joke isn't it. Last time I was renewing my gas there was a guy on there doing this type of work. He was doing combi conversions in a day with him and an apprentice, full TRVs. I dread to think what the work was like, i've seen other work done where we've lost out and it's usually dreadful.

@ShaunCorbs that is disgraceful! Two boiler swaps in one day? Theres absolutely no chance of a thorough and professional job

only going to get worse with the eco grants coming down the line maybe

What the above doesn't say is the Candidates must also be conversant with Covid safe working and implement it, which of course will add time to the jobs. Unless that advert was pre Covid.

As this work is ultimately being paid for by the big Energy Companies I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to be using auditors spot check.
The last thing they want is bad publicity around Covid.
Local Covid lockdowns are likely to affect whether a job can be done or not.

Reply to what can i expect from a 'free boiler' installation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic...
Replies
Views
My old mother had a call out of the blue from (something) Energy, she didn't catch the name, who said because my father was on a qualifying...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock