Currently reading:
what can i expect from a 'free boiler' installation

Discuss what can i expect from a 'free boiler' installation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Update.. we were advised that an electrician would come back and check the wiring.. The gas fitter gave the impression that he would just fix his temporary mains cable into place..

Oh my god! We had a full test of the consumer unit, earth leakage, bonding, the whole house.. The works.. And he said it was an easy job.
Can't say I'm anything but impressed with the whole thing.
Dread to think what 2 -3 hours of an electrical engineers time is worth.. Or the actual job e did.

Last edited:
Hi..

We have applied for and are having a 'free replacement' boiler under the government scheme.

They will fit a Potterton Baxi replacement (tank fed) and Plume kit? boiler exhaust outlet is close to a kitchen window apparently

I'm just wondering what to expect apart from draining the system and hooking up the new boiler.. My old boiler is an Ideal Classic LXFF & FF Fanned Flue Gas Boiler

appreciate your comments
I remember seeing 'scheme' work put in 15 years ago, (Isar - icos) to me they looked like good installs. I suspect every job will be checked after so the engineer will have to do what's required.

Reply to what can i expect from a 'free boiler' installation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back