Search the forum,

Discuss West Yorkshire guys. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
As per title , any of you up at Ravenheat tomorrow for gas safe .

Has he convinced you to buy a ravenheat yet?

We used to have our team meetings there years ago every meeting he’d try convincing us to install ravenheat boilers.

Hes bloody good isnt he, he used to use me in his sales pitches , I had a hernia a few years ago
( nothing to do with lifting a boiler ) and he said his pal ( me) got a hernia by lifting one of those heavy Viessmann boilers, finishing off with , “ he wouldn’t get one lifting one of ours lol .

Not sure if it’s true but on Facebook - lots of vans were broken into while the guys were inside doing their group inspection

Don't really see how they can get away with it with the HSE. Gas Safe are just looking for a cheap way of not coming inspecting people. What's done in a classroom/exam isn't always the same as what quality of work people churn out, and GS have no way of telling unless they inspect jobs.

Don't really see how they can get away with it with the HSE. Gas Safe are just looking for a cheap way of not coming inspecting people. What's done in a classroom/exam isn't always the same as what quality of work people churn out, and GS have no way of telling unless they inspect jobs.

Too many engineers not enough inspectors mate .
Potentially yesterday and tomorrow they will see nearly 150 engineers in 2 afternoons , thats a lot of
inspections .

Too many engineers not enough inspectors mate .
Potentially yesterday and tomorrow they will see nearly 150 engineers in 2 afternoons , thats a lot of
inspections .
They aren’t really inspections though from what I’ve heard, that’s kind of my point. They can’t inspect someone quality of work, and then once all the cow boys realise GS aren’t coming for annual inspections regularly then god knows what type of work we’ll find :(

And you’ve hit the nail on the head, not enough inspectors. They aren’t wanting to employ more, they just want to run it as cheaply as possible. It’ll back fire eventually and the HSE will come crashing down on them.

Let us know how you go on, be interesting to know from someone who’s actually been.

Reply to West Yorkshire guys. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock