Search the forum,

Discuss West Yorkshire guys. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
As per title , any of you up at Ravenheat tomorrow for gas safe .

Has he convinced you to buy a ravenheat yet?

We used to have our team meetings there years ago every meeting he’d try convincing us to install ravenheat boilers.

Hes bloody good isnt he, he used to use me in his sales pitches , I had a hernia a few years ago
( nothing to do with lifting a boiler ) and he said his pal ( me) got a hernia by lifting one of those heavy Viessmann boilers, finishing off with , “ he wouldn’t get one lifting one of ours lol .

Hes bloody good isnt he, he used to use me in his sales pitches , I had a hernia a few years ago
( nothing to do with lifting a boiler ) and he said his pal ( me) got a hernia by lifting one of those heavy Viessmann boilers, finishing off with , “ he wouldn’t get one lifting one of ours lol .
Lol he could sell ice cream to a mosquito.

Not sure if it’s true but on Facebook - lots of vans were broken into while the guys were inside doing their group inspection

Don't really see how they can get away with it with the HSE. Gas Safe are just looking for a cheap way of not coming inspecting people. What's done in a classroom/exam isn't always the same as what quality of work people churn out, and GS have no way of telling unless they inspect jobs.

Don't really see how they can get away with it with the HSE. Gas Safe are just looking for a cheap way of not coming inspecting people. What's done in a classroom/exam isn't always the same as what quality of work people churn out, and GS have no way of telling unless they inspect jobs.

Too many engineers not enough inspectors mate .
Potentially yesterday and tomorrow they will see nearly 150 engineers in 2 afternoons , thats a lot of
inspections .

Too many engineers not enough inspectors mate .
Potentially yesterday and tomorrow they will see nearly 150 engineers in 2 afternoons , thats a lot of
inspections .
They aren’t really inspections though from what I’ve heard, that’s kind of my point. They can’t inspect someone quality of work, and then once all the cow boys realise GS aren’t coming for annual inspections regularly then god knows what type of work we’ll find :(

And you’ve hit the nail on the head, not enough inspectors. They aren’t wanting to employ more, they just want to run it as cheaply as possible. It’ll back fire eventually and the HSE will come crashing down on them.

Let us know how you go on, be interesting to know from someone who’s actually been.

Reply to West Yorkshire guys. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock