Search the forum,

Discuss West Yorkshire guys. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
As per title , any of you up at Ravenheat tomorrow for gas safe .

Has he convinced you to buy a ravenheat yet?

We used to have our team meetings there years ago every meeting he’d try convincing us to install ravenheat boilers.

Hes bloody good isnt he, he used to use me in his sales pitches , I had a hernia a few years ago
( nothing to do with lifting a boiler ) and he said his pal ( me) got a hernia by lifting one of those heavy Viessmann boilers, finishing off with , “ he wouldn’t get one lifting one of ours lol .

Hes bloody good isnt he, he used to use me in his sales pitches , I had a hernia a few years ago
( nothing to do with lifting a boiler ) and he said his pal ( me) got a hernia by lifting one of those heavy Viessmann boilers, finishing off with , “ he wouldn’t get one lifting one of ours lol .
Lol he could sell ice cream to a mosquito.

Not sure if it’s true but on Facebook - lots of vans were broken into while the guys were inside doing their group inspection

Don't really see how they can get away with it with the HSE. Gas Safe are just looking for a cheap way of not coming inspecting people. What's done in a classroom/exam isn't always the same as what quality of work people churn out, and GS have no way of telling unless they inspect jobs.

Not sure if it’s true but on Facebook - lots of vans were broken into while the guys were inside doing their group inspection

Yes I saw that , hopefully someone is keeping their eye out , think I will go up in the car lol .

Don't really see how they can get away with it with the HSE. Gas Safe are just looking for a cheap way of not coming inspecting people. What's done in a classroom/exam isn't always the same as what quality of work people churn out, and GS have no way of telling unless they inspect jobs.

Too many engineers not enough inspectors mate .
Potentially yesterday and tomorrow they will see nearly 150 engineers in 2 afternoons , thats a lot of
inspections .

Too many engineers not enough inspectors mate .
Potentially yesterday and tomorrow they will see nearly 150 engineers in 2 afternoons , thats a lot of
inspections .
They aren’t really inspections though from what I’ve heard, that’s kind of my point. They can’t inspect someone quality of work, and then once all the cow boys realise GS aren’t coming for annual inspections regularly then god knows what type of work we’ll find :(

And you’ve hit the nail on the head, not enough inspectors. They aren’t wanting to employ more, they just want to run it as cheaply as possible. It’ll back fire eventually and the HSE will come crashing down on them.

Let us know how you go on, be interesting to know from someone who’s actually been.

@townfanjon, just been there this morning at Ravenheat, Morley 8:30 - 12:30. There were 47 of us. Did you start another thread? I'll give you guy's a run down later as well if you did. (After I've caught up with loosing alf a days graft) going to be a late finish today!

We did afternoon pal , sorry we couldn’t have a meet .

Reply to West Yorkshire guys. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock