Discuss weird wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
90% of my job is combi's so I'm not sure how common this is

Y plan system, but no wires to the boiler, boiler has its own spur with switch live bridged. So the boiler just fires overheats if the pump isnt on and turns itself off (pump is external). The only on and off is the thermistor in the boiler, other than that it is constantly calling

its been in like this for decades, but it just seems wrong
I'm in two minds whether to leave it, or insist the customer changes it

Wrong wrong all wrong wiring by an muppet . You can't insist they change it. How ever you could issue an ID as the appliance clearly hasn't been commissioned in accordance with the mi. At risk is a probable and it's defo 100% ncs.

This was a programmable room stat I was changing last week. As soon as I saw the earth used as a live I said I wasnt going to touch it.

Attachments

• 2013-12-23 14.22.19.jpg
    2013-12-23 14.22.19.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 54
thanks Ermintrude

the bridge is the original wire that comes in the PCB

its defo not doc L

that is a perculiar programmable room stat, what are the 2 terminals on the right for
thats no honeywell or danfuss

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to weird wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock