Discuss Water taps gravity fed or mains driven? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiffter

Hi,
I'm replacing my water tank and hot water cylinder but i've noticed that my cold water taps are fed by the mains. I always thought all cold water taps except the kitchen tap were garavity fed from the water tank or am i wrong? Any guidance would be greatfully accepted.

your water tank(feed and expansion cistern) will only be feeding your boiler, you can have your bathroom taps off of the CWSC(cold water storage cistern) if you like, this would be a bigger tank and probably been taken away when the house was converted into mains, but your heating system requires the F&E tank as it is a gravity system.

There was never any stipulation that cold water taps had to be fed by cold mains or by the CWS tank, but if most were fed by the CWS tank, the kitchen tap had to be on cold mains for drinking purposes. This was an age old thing tho & most houses for the last 40 odd years have most cold outlets on cold mains unless its mixer outlets where the pressures have to be balanced.

Many thanks for the advice, i'll stick with the mains cold supply i think.

Bear in mind that mixer taps and mixer showers have troubles with a cold mains supply as the cold is too powerful to balance with the hot. If all's working fine then there's no need to change anything but if you decide on mixer taps/showers in the future some pipework might need altering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water taps gravity fed or mains driven? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock